Title: Hardware Systems Architect
Job number: 000596
Company: Delta Controls
Department: Product Development
Area: Electrical Engineer , Electronics , Product Development
Delta Controls is hiring for a Hardware Systems Architect position based in our Surrey, BC offices (Cloverdale/Langley border). This is a full-time, permanent position to start as soon as possible.
Start date: ASAP
Work location: This position is located in our head office. Remote work may be available during COVID-19.
City: Surrey, BC
Schedule: Full time
Delta Controls is the benchmark for building controls manufacturers, being one of the most respected organizations in our industry, with more than 300 Partners/Distributors in over 80 countries. For more than three decades Delta Controls has offered innovative and exciting building automation solutions for commercial, healthcare, education, leisure buildings and more. As industry leaders, our track record includes delivering the world’s first fully integrated native BACnet building solution encompassing HVAC, lighting and access control products.
As part of Delta Electronics Inc., the global leader in switching power supply solutions and DC brushless fans and an $8+ billion USD organization, Delta Controls is able to bring some of the most energy efficient and sustainable solutions to buildings around the world, working together toward our shared vision of developing technologies aimed at reducing global warming and ensuring a sustainable future for mankind. Delta Electronics products are the most energy efficient power products in the industry and include a comprehensive range of energy management solutions in Industrial Automation, Telecom Power, UPS and Data Center Infrastructure, Automotive Electronics and Energy Storage Systems.
Why work for us?
We provide fantastic opportunities to individuals passionate about business and technology. Delta Electronics products are the most energy efficient power products in the industry and our company is perfect for those who want to create, design and build sustainable solutions using massively scalable, big-data architecture, with a strong focus on building automation. Here are some of the Delta perks you’ll receive from day 1!
- Employee & safety centric culture with the possibility of remote work
- Flexible hours and scheduling available
- Competitive total compensation along with generous vacation allowances
- Three weeks of vacation
- In-house & external training provided along with education support and opportunities for growth
- Company funded annual personal development budget
- Financial benefits & planning such as group RRSP & company match
- Employer paid premiums for extended healthcare and family-focused benefits (health, vision and dental)
- Travel insurance coverage and access to the Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Wellness - onsite fitness center & company reimbursement for personal gym memberships
- Internal Recognition & Service Awards
- Employee Referral bonuses
- Transit accessible with free onsite parking
- Regular company events such as "Food Truck Fridays", Lunch & Learn and other planned activities
The Hardware Systems Architect will:
- Will work closely with the Hardware Team, Product Strategy, and the Firmware Architects to develop and maintain a Hardware platform roadmap in sync with Product Strategy’s Technology Roadmap
- Define the requirements of new hardware platforms and present them to Product Strategy, Hardware Development and Line of Business Leads
- Develop project proposals for new hardware platform development efforts
- Lead the development and maintenance of hardware platforms and design of standard reference designs for these platforms
- Stay up to date on new technology and automation industry trends and periodically update the rest of the company on new innovations
- Perform competitive analysis of other products in our industry
- Build and maintain a library of standard circuits for the hardware development team
- Able to perform the role of a Sr Hardware Designer in a Product Development projects when needed
Main skills required:
- Experience in hardware development from concept to mass production
- Experience with design for manufacturability, design for testability, design for reliability
- Experience with component and technology selection
- Experience in high-speed design (DDR3/4, Ethernet 10/100/1000Mb)
- Experience in wireless design (Wifi, BT, LoRA, ZigBee)
- Experience with designing for regulatory certification (UL, CE, FCC)
Embedded FW Development
- Experience with embedded Linux
- Experience with board bring up of embedded Linux systems
- Experience interfacing Linux microprocessor with other peripherals
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in project planning and presenting proposals
- Project management experience would be an asset
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electronics or Electrical Engineering
- 15 + years of experience in electronics hardware design, from concept to release
Years of relevant experience required: 15 years
Education required: Bachelor's degree
Number of openings: 1
Upon hire, in addition to a competitive compensation package, we also offer a unique work environment that is designed for people who like to work hard and play hard too! Here are just a few examples:
- 3 weeks of vacation
- Sign-On Bonus
- Employer paid premiums for life insurance, health and family-focused benefits such as the employee assistance program, extended health, vision and dental benefits
- Onsite fitness center
- Company paid personal days off
- RRSP match program
- Annual Bonus Program
- Annual sabbatical allowance
To apply, go to our careers site at https://careers.deltacontrols.com. Complete or update your profile and submit your application online. Next, go to the applied jobs list to ensure your application has been fully processed. You are also welcome to add or manage job alerts within your candidate account.
We understand that it takes time to apply for a job and appreciate that you spend it showing your interest in working with our team at Delta Controls.
If this position is eligible for remote work, candidates outside of our local area will be considered. If this position is not eligible for remote work then local candidates are preferred and no relocation will be offered for this position. For positions not eligible for remote work the candidate must be legally-entitled to work in the country where the job is offered, for any employer, without requiring sponsorship. While we will consider all applications, only those short-listed for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls, please. No outside agencies or recruiters, please.