vidIQ’s mission is foster the next generation of creators. Every day, vidIQ receives thousands of new signups from creators who are just getting started but don't really have a good idea of what they need to do next, and how to become successful. We are the primary destination for all those starry-eyed dreamers who want to become a content creator.
To realize our mission, we are creating a "creator coach" in your pocket. Imagine what a personal trainer does for you for workouts, or what a music teacher does for you for learning instruments; now extrapolate that to the creator economy.
- We’ll give RIGHT advice that’s grounded in data, so creators can confidently advance their ambitions and dreams
- We’ll give simple advice that’s actionable, so the creator feels like we’re helpful partners
- We’ll provide guardrails to help creators stay on track and not get distracted by irrelevant things (tags, translations, etc.)
- We’ll be a second opinion that helps creators improve consistently over time by pointing out room for improvement
- We’ll be a supportive friend that helps creators stay passionate and motivated so they can get to their final destination
Additionally, our company has met the future of work head on with a globally remote company, capable of giving you flexibility to balance work and life. When it’s time to go on a break, we have an unlimited vacation policy so you can recharge. Lastly, we celebrate our wins and try to enjoy work by going on fun retreats to exciting destinations, such as Spain, Portugal and amazing places to come.
Why we're hiring
vidIQ's goal is to invent a new design aesthetic that stands apart from other tech startups, and we're looking for a Design Leader to imagine, build, and materialize an all-new brand identity that solves our users problems in the simplest way possible. With vidIQ, anyone should be able to become a successful creator.
- Partner with product management, engineering, other designers, and leadership to ensure we’re elevating and innovating on the vidIQ experience.
- Hire, mentor, and invest in other designers to take vidIQ's design org to the next level.
- Shape the vision of our "creator coach" experience from its very early foundation.
- "roll up your sleeves" to do IC work as needed (either brand new work, or to level up other designers' work).
- Care deeply about design and keep pushing your team until it has a "wow" factor. You have zero tolerance for "average" work.
- Defend your design decisions using user feedback and best practice.
- Your team(s) have designed mobile consumer apps for fast growing startups or large innovative companies with over 500K downloads and 4+ star rating
- You are an expert in Figma with an eye for beautiful visual design
- You are an app connoisseur with an insatiable hunger to discover new design patterns/paradigms, and constantly think how you might leverage those for your own products.
- You're familiar with common UX patterns in use (on mobile, web, desktop, etc), and have nuanced views on how to make many of them even better.
- You have a portfolio of work which shows your passion for design and ability to solve complex problems
- Happy work with hours with at least 5 hour overlap with Pacific Standard Time;
- You (or someone close to you) participates in the Creator Economy, and can sympathize with the problems and struggles creators face
- You also excel in visual and interaction design