Head of Product
ArchitechToronto, Remote7 days ago
Architech is a Toronto-based software company with over 15 years of experience in creating technology solutions for clients across North America. We leverage the latest cloud technology and hire top talent to modernize applications so that businesses can succeed in today’s digital world.
Our Dream Team is based in Vancouver, Toronto, and Krakow, Poland. The team consists of over 100 certified technical experts in our Product, Design, Engineering, and Delivery disciplines. Our values drive our culture of success: Think Big, Be Open & Collaborate, Never Fail a Client, Grow Our People, Do the Right Thing, and Embrace Change.
It’s all about the environment
Satisfy your curiosity and desire to learn. You’ll work very closely with a diverse tight-knit group of creative people who are passionate about technology and software. Not only will you work in a collaborative and nurturing environment, you’ll also grow your existing skills while keeping up with current and upcoming IT industry trends.
We grow when you grow
We encourage and support continuous learning by ensuring everyone stays active in the tech community. To help you with this, we offer tools and programs such as Learning Budget, Certification Bonuses, Internal Bootcamps, Summit Days, Lunch & Learns and much more. And this is just the beginning. Check out all our other great benefits.
Welcome to Architech.
We are seeking an experienced Head of Product Management to lead our product management team. This is a newly formed team at Architech that represents 1 of 8 practice areas. The position is a non-billable role focused on owning and driving our transformation into a product-solutions based company. The role will have a small group of billable Product Owners and Sr Product Owners reporting to it.
In this role you will define, build and execute a growth product strategy with a goal of shifting a significant portion of our revenue to product orientation within 3 years. You will be a role model for our product leadership team and nurture your team's growth while you build your career and develop skills.
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated and bring proven, practical experience in Product Management. They are an expert in applying popular Product Management methodology with experience developing Enterprise Software / SaaS products in a variety of industries. Ideal candidate will be a unique blend of business and tech-savvy, a big-picture vision, and the execution drive to make that vision a reality.
A strategist who is data led, market informed and revenue seeking, this leader will shape and lead our research and development programs. This leader will bring together insights from our customers, the market, and technology to identify the right solutions to develop, the right customer segments to focus on, and the right technologies to invest in. This leader will further guide the practice through many things from increasing the profitability of existing products to developing new products for the company. This role will be best filled with someone who enjoys spending time in the market to understand customer challenges and strives to find innovative solutions.
The leader must be able to develop and coach a team and a set of processes and best practices that facilitates communication with all areas of the company: working with engineering and operations to define product requirements, working with marketing to define the go-to-market strategy, and working with sales as an evangelist helping them understand the product offering, positioning, key benefits, and target customers.
- Gain a deep understanding of ideal buyers, select market segments, competitors, trade-offs and isolate audiences to engage using data-driven insights (not opinions or anecdotes).
- Identify customer challenges by working closely with our customers, partners and internal teams to develop product strategy and roadmap while leveraging metrics to manage risks and dependencies.
- Serve as the Voice of the Customer by leading collaboration workshops sessions with customers – both Business and IT resources - to identify and create value propositions and market positioning. Developer a Customer Advocacy programs to sustain feedback.
- Create buy-in for the product strategy with stakeholders including the executive team.
- Work with executive leadership to set expectations and manage risks, dependencies and tradeoffs within complex project delivery.
- Sell, present, and communicate the product and its successes illustrating the business value of delivered capabilities and impact in the market.
- Drive the product life cycle, managing a dynamic product roadmap that is responsive to the market opportunities and disciplined in achieving our longer-term product vision. Including execution of product delivery, including timeline and milestone management, in partnership with our Head of Engineering.
- Develop high-quality documentation processes, including requirements, release notes, product training, user support, and sales support materials.
- Drive customer empathy, product expertise and competitive awareness throughout the team.
- Attract new talent to develop and grow a team that drives business value while promoting our cultural values.
- Develop a Practice Area / Center of Excellent (COE) for product management.
- Attract, coach, and retain top talent while building a performance-driven culture.
- 10 years of progressive experience in product management, managing a team and at least 5 years in a Product Leadership role.
- Ability to operate effectively in a small company – comfortable getting “hands on” and being entrepreneurial.
- Experienced with public cloud platforms like Azure, AWS, GCP etc and/or the Managed Service Provider (MSP) space.
- Experienced with B2B and SaaS products and industry vertical solutions.
- Education and training with common Product Management methodologies and frameworks, including Pragmatic Framework and Scaled Agile.
- Proven strategic and tactical abilities and demonstrated command of business acumen, with excellence in execution and delivery of complex technology-based products.
- Ability to deliver communications that are clear, concise, effective and that are at a level appropriate to your audience; able to engage executives, customers and developers in strategic conversations.
- Strong critical thinking balanced with creativity, innovative, analytical.
- Experience with A/B testing and understanding of related concepts such as sample size and statistical significance.
- Ability to manage executive & peer stakeholders.
- Experienced with mapping user journeys, setting objectives and key results.