WESTMAN COMMUNICATIONS GROUP (Westman) is seeking applications from energetic, highly motivated individuals to become part of our growing team!
Westman is an industry-leading communications provider based in Brandon MB, offering residential and commercial High-Speed Internet, Digital TV, and Phone services in communities across Manitoba. Established in 1977, as a locally owned and operated cooperative, Westman is dedicated to delivering competitive and innovative services, providing an exceptional member experience, and supporting the communities we serve.
What we have to offer:
- Competitive compensation package.
- Comprehensive group benefits plan (extended health; life; dental; vision; GRRSP; and health and wellness).
- Various Learning and Development initiatives, and opportunities to grow within our team!
- Opportunity to participate in company events and activities and enjoy our company perks!
What you’ll do:
- Enhance and develop health and safety programs, including standard operating procedures, policies and training to mitigate risk, and optimize team members’ health and safety.
- Foster a positive health and safety culture and maintain compliance with relevant regulations.
- Ensure that health and safety policies, procedures, and manuals are compliant with relevant regulations and standards.
- Conduct risk assessments and inspections to identify potential hazards, risks, or any unsafe conditions
- Lead and participate in workplace audits and investigations related to incidents/injuries, equipment, and work processes to ensure compliance with health and safety regulations.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date health and safety records and reports related to incidents, inspections, training, and other relevant compliance documentation.
- Conduct safety meetings to ensure compliance, evaluate performance, identify corrective action, and implement follow-up assessments, when applicable.
- Stay current with new and emerging health and safety issues and developments and provide guidance and support to ensure compliance with any changes in legislation or regulations.
What you’ll bring to the team:
- Bachelor’s degree or college diploma in Occupational Health and Safety, or a related field.
- Designation in Occupational Health and Safety, or related field is considered an asset.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant health and safety experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of relevant occupational health and safety legislation, standards and guidelines and their application to the workplace.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office 365 Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, SharePoint, OneDrive) and web-based health and safety tools.
- High ethics with the ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- A valid First Aid/CPR Certificate and valid driver’s license.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: This position is open until filled.
Apply today to join our team at https://westmancom.com/careers and begin your exciting career journey with us!
As an equal-opportunity employer, we are committed to an inclusive and barrier free environment at Westman Communications Group and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. If you require a reasonable accommodation at any point during recruitment process or would like to request this posting in an alternate format, please indicate by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org of the accommodation requirements. While we thank each applicant for their interest, only selected candidates will be contacted.