WESTMAN COMMUNICATIONS GROUP (Westman) is seeking applications from energetic, highly motivated individuals to become part of our growing team!
Westman is an industry-leading communications provider based in Brandon MB, offering residential and commercial High-Speed Internet, Digital TV, and Phone services in communities across Manitoba. Westman also owns and operates radio stations Q Country 91.5 FM and 94.7 STAR FM, which broadcast throughout southwestern Manitoba. Established in 1977, as a locally owned and operated cooperative, Westman is dedicated to delivering competitive and innovative services, providing an exceptional member experience, and supporting the communities they serve. Westman empowers their employees to be innovative, team-oriented, community-based, and customer-focused, championing a culture centered around strong values.
What you’ll do:
• Enhance and develop health and safety programs, including standard operating procedures, policies and training to mitigate risk, and optimize team members’ health and safety.
• Foster a positive health and safety culture and maintain compliance with relevant regulations.
• Ensure that health and safety policies, procedures, and manuals are compliant with relevant regulations and standards.
• Conduct risk assessments and inspections to identify potential hazards, risks, or any unsafe conditions
• Lead and participate in workplace audits and investigations related to incidents/injuries, equipment, and work processes to ensure compliance with health and safety regulations.
• Maintain accurate and up-to-date health and safety records and reports related to incidents, inspections, training, and other relevant compliance documentation.
• Conduct safety meetings to ensure compliance, evaluate performance, identify corrective action, and implement follow-up assessments, when applicable.
• Stay current with new and emerging health and safety issues and developments and provide guidance and support to ensure compliance with any changes in legislation or regulations.
What you’ll bring to the team:
• Bachelor’s degree or college diploma in Occupational Health and Safety, or a related field.
• Designation in Occupational Health and Safety, or related field is considered an asset.
• Minimum 3 years of relevant health and safety experience.
• Demonstrated knowledge of relevant occupational health and safety legislation, standards and guidelines and their application to the workplace.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office 365 Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, SharePoint, OneDrive) and web-based health and safety tools.
• Demonstrated strategic planning and creative problem-solving skills; thrives when presented with a challenge.
• High motivation to meet personal, team, and corporate goals.
• Superior organizational and time management skills with strong attention to detail and demonstrated analytical skills.
• Ability to establish priorities and meet deadlines within tight timelines and in a busy, high-volume environment.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written) with demonstrated presentation and facilitation skills.
• High ethics with the ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
• A valid First Aid/CPR Certificate and valid driver’s license.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: This position is open until filled.
Westman is a successful, fast-paced and dynamic organization, with a positive, team-oriented work environment. We offer competitive compensation including a comprehensive and unique benefits package. Leverage your knowledge with a local technology leader.
Apply today to join our team at https://westmancom.com/careers and begin your exciting career journey with us!
As an equal-opportunity employer, we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. While we thank each applicant for their interest, only selected candidates will be contacted.