Irwin is one of the fastest-growing FinTech companies in Canada. We are based in Toronto and are a leading provider of capital markets-focused financial technology with a mission to seamlessly connect the world's capital seekers and allocators to make them more productive, innovative, and successful. Our flagship product, Irwin, is a software platform used by investor relations and investment banking professionals all over the world.
Join Our Remote-First Team
At Irwin, we prioritize contribution over facetime, which is why we embrace a remote-first work culture. You have the flexibility to choose where you work, as long as you reside in Canada.
As a Business Development Representative (BDR) at Irwin, you'll play a pivotal role in driving our continued growth. You'll be on the front lines, using your dynamic communication skills to educate capital markets professionals on the value of our solution, Irwin. If you're eager to make an impact, learn, develop, and collaborate, we want to talk to you!
- Collaborate with sales leaders and co-founders to identify and nurture new business leads through strategic outbound prospecting.
- Work closely with Account Executives to facilitate timely customer-specific demos and proposals for prospective clients.
- Take ownership of your industry and accounts, allowing you to specialize, experiment, and execute your strategy with the support of a collaborative team.
- Synthesize customer and prospect feedback to contribute to product development.
- Stay informed about competitive landscape and key trends within your targeted industry.
- Consistently exceed assigned new business sales goals within your industry/territory.
Who You Are
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree.
- Based in Canada.
- Previous experience in sales and/or customer service, with a preference for those with financial services/capital markets experience.
- Demonstrated track record of consistently exceeding sales targets, navigating organizational hierarchies, and building lasting relationships.
- Naturally curious, committed to self-improvement.
- Driven by targets, metrics, and goals, with a resourceful mindset.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as a team player.
- Strong ethics and a commitment to doing right by customers, colleagues, and the company.
What We Offer
- CAD$ 73K-78K (OTE)
- Comprehensive benefits (health, vision, and dental).
- Career growth opportunities unique to a high-growth, early-stage company.
- Generous vacation policy (4 weeks), including an extra week off during the year-end holiday period.
- Monthly Internet expense coverage.
- Work-life balance, with the freedom to choose your work location and flexible hours.
- A remote-first work culture, with access to physical collaboration spaces as needed.
- An inclusive work environment that welcomes diverse applicants from all backgrounds, identities, beliefs, and statuses.
How We Hire
Our people are what make Irwin, Irwin! They're passionate, mission-driven, accountable, humble and ambitious.
We take an inclusive and equitable approach, offering the same interview experience to every candidate we meet with. Irwin is an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate everyone and their intersecting identities.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out! We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives to apply
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If contacted for an interview, please inform us should any accommodation be required.