Start Rate (Non-negotiable): $37.79 per hour
Number of Positions: 2 (We are looking to fill 1 permanent and 1 temporary role with a duration of upto12 months)
Metrolinx is connecting communities across the Greater Golden Horseshoe. Metrolinx operates GO Transit and UP Express, as well as the PRESTO fare payment system. We are also building new and improved rapid transit, including GO Expansion, Light Rail Transit routes, and major expansions to Toronto’s subway system, to get people where they need to go, better, faster and easier. Metrolinx is an agency of the Government of Ontario.
At Metrolinx, equity, diversity and inclusion are essential to living our values of serving with passion, thinking forward and playing as a team
Metrolinx's Innovation and Information Technology group supports female team members via "Go Tech Women" an affinity group for women in Information Technology, led by our Chief Information Officer.
If you enjoy technology and innovation, value diversity, appreciate work/balance and are looking for an opportunity to make a better world via public service, Metrolinx would like to hear from you!
The Metrolinx I&IT Field Support Services team is seeking 2 Field Support Services Technicians to manage, and support information technology based intelligent transportation systems and services. Under the supervision of the Supervisor IIT Field Support Services, this position is responsible for performing installation, field testing and inspection of electro-mechanical, electronic, telecommunications and networked devices, as deployed at Metrolinx-GO Transit rail / bus stations, onboard GO buses, and at GO rail / bus maintenance facilities across the GTHA.
What will I be doing?
- Assists others in the installation and commissioning of electronic equipment and systems as required, under the Metrolinx Capital Project Works program.
- As required in the field, participates in IIT, Capital Projects Group, PRESTO Fare Collection Systems and Realty Services Group related projects.
- Responsible for recording accurate and complete inventory data for Systems Technology and Network Provisioning Projects.
- Utilizes test equipment, such as network/cable testers.
- Adheres to authorized policies, processes and procedures within the guidelines of IIT standards.
- Prepares Service Incident and Capital Project related reports for the Supervisor relative to on-going or unusual problems, recommending course of action.
- Monitors the operation of on-site contractors, as generally instructed, and refers any problems to Supervisor.
- Occasionally provides job related experience consultation with respect to IIT service support and systems hardware maintenance standards.
- Maintains own tools and equipment and specialized tools and equipment supplied by Metrolinx.
- Operates and maintains equipment and tools safely and in a clean and serviceable condition and keeps logs relative to their serviceability.
What skills & qualifications do I need?
- Minimum three (3) years community college program with knowledge of Electronics and Computer Science field, with particular emphasis on network technology program, or equivalent experience.
- CompTIA A+, Network + and multi-function printer certification or equivalent is required. If the successful candidate does not have the CompTIA A+, Network+ and multi-function printer certifications, they must successfully be obtained on the candidates own time and expense during the probationary period. Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) and Help Desk Professional certification is desirable.
- Must have valid Ontario Class “G” drivers license and must meet corporate standard for a good driving record.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain First Aid and CPR certifications, and other job-related certifications and/or training as required.
- Must successfully complete environmental, safety and any other training required by corporate policy, including Metrolinx Personal Track Safety (PTS) certification and Fit for Duty policy attestation.
- Minimum three (3) years of practical experience in the repair, testing and maintenance of electronic / mechanical equipment, and knowledge of microprocessor- based equipment.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and current Windows operating systems and technical knowledge to troubleshoot and repair electronic / I.P. and telecommunications field equipment, multi-function printers, scanners and end-devices.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and customer service skills are a requirement. Ability to engage secondary support groups, peer groups, customers and management effectively through verbal and written communication, on a regular and ongoing basis. Demonstrable analytical, problem determination and resolution skills are essential for cost-effective and timely network and equipment field installations.
- Must maintain Metrolinx business vehicle as per Metrolinx/GO Transit Operating requirements. Operates and maintains assigned vehicles, equipment and tools safely and in a clean and serviceable condition and keeps logs relative to their serviceability.
This position will involve working variable shifts, including weekends and rotational on-call after hours.
Job Location: 3500 Wolfedale Road and 81 Middlefield Rd
Note: A Driver’s Abstract (within the last 3 months) will be required of the successful candidate. The employee(s) in this role will have access to a company vehicle. Please also note that the successful candidate will be required to wear white patch safety boots with six-inch ankle support and will be provided a list of basic hand tools that will be required for the position.
We value the unique skills and experiences each person brings to Metrolinx and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment. We are committed to the requirements of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act so if you require accommodation during the hiring process, please let our Recruitment team know by contacting us at: 416-202-5601 or email email@example.com.
All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. Metrolinx will be using email to communicate with you for all job competitions. It is your responsibility to include an updated email address that is checked daily and accepts emails from unknown users. As we send time sensitive correspondence, we recommend that you check your email regularly. If no response is received, we will assume you are no longer interested in pursuing the opportunity. Please be advised that a Criminal Record Check may be required of the successful candidate. Should it be determined that any background information provided be misleading, inaccurate or incorrect, Metrolinx reserves the right to discontinue with the consideration of your application.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
WE ARE AN EQUITABLE AND INCLUSIVE EMPLOYER.