Metrolinx is connecting communities across the Greater Golden Horseshoe. Metrolinx operates GO Transit and UP Express, as well as the PRESTO fare payment system. We are also building new and improved rapid transit, including GO Expansion, Light Rail Transit routes, and major expansions to Toronto’s subway system, to get people where they need to go, better, faster and easier. Metrolinx is an agency of the Government of Ontario.
At Metrolinx, equity, diversity and inclusion are essential to living our values of serving with passion, thinking forward and playing as a team.
Metrolinx's Innovation and Information Technology group supports women team members via "Go Tech Women" an affinity group for women in Information Technology, led by our Chief Information Officer.
If you enjoy technology and innovation, value diversity, appreciate work/balance and are looking for an opportunity to make a better world via public service, Metrolinx would like to hear from you!
Our I&IT Systems Architecture & Information Security office is seeking I&IT Reporting Analyst who will be responsible to write technical reports, conduct proactive operational service performance reporting and provide data analytics.
What will I be doing?
- Provide timely reporting to stakeholders inside and outside Metrolinx on the status of projects, and risks.
- Use story-telling skills to create presentations and reports for stakeholders.
- Develop metrics to measure program progress, compile data, prepare technical reports and provide essential recommendations to guide action
- Present recommendations to I&IT leadership in a meaningful format using storytelling
- Work with members across the I&IT team while providing support, advice and expertise in performance and program reporting and execution of I&IT activities
- Support the operational excellence by promoting best practices and techniques for report writing and essential performance metrics
What Skills and Qualifications Do I Need?
- Completion of a degree in Business Administration, English, or Communications , or a related discipline – or a combination of education, training and experience deemed equivalent
- Demonstrated experience in technical report writing, data analytics/reporting experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience in reporting, powerpoint and story-telling
Don’t Meet Every Requirement?
If you’re excited about working with Metrolinx but your past experience doesn’t quite align with every qualification of this posting, we encourage you to apply. You just might be the right candidate for this or other roles. We are always looking for great talent to join our team.
We invite all interested individuals to apply and encourage applications from members of equity-deserving communities, including those who identify as Indigenous, Black, racialized, women, people with disabilities, and people with diverse gender identities, expressions and sexual orientations.
We value the unique skills and experiences each person brings to Metrolinx and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment. We are committed to the requirements of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act so if you require accommodation during the hiring process, please let our Recruitment team know by contacting us at: 416-202-5601 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. Metrolinx will be using email to communicate with you for all job competitions. It is your responsibility to include an updated email address that is checked daily and accepts emails from unknown users. As we send time-sensitive correspondence, we recommend that you check your email regularly. If no response is received, we will assume you are no longer interested in pursuing the opportunity. Please be advised that a Criminal Record Check may be required of the successful candidate.
Should it be determined that any background information provided is misleading, inaccurate or incorrect, Metrolinx reserves the right to discontinue with the consideration of your application.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
WE ARE AN EQUITABLE AND INCLUSIVE EMPLOYER.