Infrastructure Solution Architect
The University of Manitoba is a driving force of innovation, discovery and advancement. Our momentum is propelled by our campus community – UM faculty, staff and students whose determination and curiosity shape our world for the better. Our teaching, learning and work environment is uniquely strengthened and enriched by Indigenous perspectives. With two main campuses in Winnipeg, satellite campuses throughout Manitoba, and world-wide research, UM’s impact is global.
Discover outstanding employee benefits, experience world-class facilities and join a dynamic community that values reconciliation, sustainability, diversity, and inclusion. We are one of Manitoba’s Top Employers and one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers. At the University of Manitoba, what inspires you can change everything.
Reporting to the Director, IST Planning and Governance, the Infrastructure Solution Architect works along side project managers to provide technical leadership on projects and works closely with Customer Relationship Managers to provide expertise and guidance to decision makers across the institution. This position also supports and guides the University of Manitoba infrastructure on both the Fort Garry and Bannatyne campus. They provide architectural solutions support to the data center, the desktop, high performance computing, mobile devices and security.
The qualifications and experience we’re looking for:
- University degree or college diploma in a related discipline is required.
- TOGAF and ITIL certification desired.
- Minimum 7 years of experience working in Information Technology is required.
- Minimum 3 years in an Infrastructure Architecture or Solution Architecture role is required.
- Experience working in multiple hardware and software environments is required.
- Broad experience with designing all aspects of a solution including infrastructure, platform, networking, application, security, data, and integration, is required.
- Experience working with tools and technologies used to design, plan and validate architecture designs is required.
- Proven implementation of solution design patterns and frameworks is required.
- Experience implementing application and infrastructure solutions, technology components and operational processes is required.
- Proven experience delivering technology solutions within a large and complex IT environment is required.
- Experience in engaging, directing, negotiating with, and managing vendors is required.
- Experience with project management fundamentals is required.
- Experience designing and implementing security solutions and controls a scale.
- Experience in academic or research computing, including High Performance Computing, is required.
- Experience in end user computing including desktop and mobile infrastructure and management, is required.
- An acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Demonstrated proficiency with complex enterprise solutions and architectures; knowledge of application, infrastructure and security architecture concerns is required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including teamwork, facilitation and negotiation, required.
- Strong Leadership skills are required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Excellent presentation skills including ability to articulate complex concepts to audiences with varying levels of technical expertise.
- Knowledge of information principles and processes is required.
- Knowledge of Financial models and budgeting is required.
- Organizationally savvy including ability to understand, navigate and influence the political waters, required.
- Must understand long and short-term perspectives of situations.
- Ability to be client focused is required.
- Ability to be highly collaborative is required.
- Integrative problem solving skills required.
- Ability to quickly comprehend and articulate both the technical and business impact of the functions, capabilities and applicability of new technologies, required.
- Ability to be utilize creativity and practical approach in problem solving is required.
- Satisfactory work record, including satisfactory attendance and punctuality, is required.
- System and process analysis
- Planning and organization
- System development life cycle methodologies
- Project management
- Requirements elicitation
- Architectural modeling
- Linux and Microsoft virtual server infrastructures using VM Ware
- Office365 including SharePoint
- Server and storage solutions
- Cisco network technology
- Monitoring and deployment tools - Identity access management
- Cloud technologies
- End user computing
- Network and Security architecture
Why the University of Manitoba?
Along with being one of Manitoba’s top employers, we are proud to provide a collaborative and enriching work environment. In addition to a strong compensation package with a competitive salary, the University provides an exceptional workplace that includes:
- Comprehensive group benefits and pension plan.
- Competitive vacation time.
- Employee and Family Assistance Program.
- A full spectrum of professional development opportunities.
Apply today through the University of Manitoba’s recruitment site, UM Careers: https://viprecprod.ad.umanitoba.ca/DEFAULT.ASPX?REQ_ID=23186
Closing Date: September 26, 2022
Applications will only be accepted if you apply on UM Careers.
The University of Manitoba is committed to the principles of equity, diversity & inclusion and to promoting opportunities in hiring, promotion and tenure (where applicable) for systemically marginalized groups who have been excluded from full participation at the University and the larger community including Indigenous Peoples, women, racialized persons, persons with disabilities and those who identify as 2SLGBTQIA+ (Two Spirit, lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, questioning, intersex, asexual and other diverse sexual identities).
If you require accommodation supports during the recruitment process, please contact UM.Accommodation@umanitoba.ca or 204-474-7195. Please note this contact information is for accommodation reasons only.
Application materials, including letters of reference, will be handled in accordance with the protection of privacy provisions of The Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (Manitoba). Please note that curriculum vitae will be provided to participating members of the search process.