What’s the job?
As part of our Digital Channels team, the Integration Developer designs and develops application integrations, interfaces, data flows, APIs, and integration middleware. The Integration developer designs and develops API's and micro services using best in class integration patterns.
What you’ll get to do:
- Develop and support a best-in-class internal and external-facing API layer for application integration
- Using an Enterprise Service Bus architectural model, define systems integrations including integration, APIs, and dataflow designs
- Develops API using a combination of: Java, JBoss, JSON, XML, Queues (JMS, MSMQ, Active MQ), RAML
- Implement CI/CD best practices in the use of: AWS, GitHub, Maven, Jenkins, Nexus, MUnit, JMeter
- Create API Functional specifications and technical detailed design
- Perform API design and code reviews
- Create build artifacts using GitHub, Maven, MUnit,
- Develop unit testing artifacts using Postman and SoapUI
- Business Acumen Develop/possess an understanding of business processes in the banking industry
- Leadership Provide technical leadership in the area of integration development
- Project Management Jointly responsible with the Quality Assurance team to ensure systems are appropriately tested and meets requirements
- Provide subject matter expertise to support decision making on projects’ scope based on priority, business value and development resources
Who are we looking for?
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent technology discipline
- Minimum 4 – 6 Years of Job-Related Experience
- Minimum 2 years of experience in integration development or related experience in a multi-application enterprise environment with mission critical systems.
- Minimum 2 years of experience with API development including defining and applying API management best practices.
- 2+ years of experience with Java, JBoss, JSON, XML, MS SQL Server or Oracle, Queues (JMS, MSMQ, Active MQ), RAML.
- Good understanding of Service Oriented Architecture, Enterprise Application Integration using an ESB (TIBCO or Mulesoft) and ETL processes.
- Must have Mulesoft certifications – Integration & API Associate and demonstrated competency with API development with Mulesoft
- Experience working with external vendors for software service delivery.
- Experience with using CI/CD tools such as GitHub, Maven, Jenkins
- Experience with financial services and knowledge of FI software an asset
- Experience with Spring Framework and Cloud technology such as AWS or Azure an asset
- Advanced ability to map complex business issues to elegant technology solutions
- Advanced experience with Mulesoft ESB, AWS, GitHub, Maven, Jenkins, Nexus, MUnit, JMeter
- Advanced experience with Java, C# .Net, JBoss, JSON, XML, MS SQL Server or Oracle, Queues (JMS, MSMQ, Active MQ), RAML
- Advanced knowledge in Agile development methodologies
- Ability to manage and prioritize a complex workload with minimal supervision
- Advanced knowledge of and adherence to Software Development Life Cycle methodology
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to write comprehensive technical documentation and coach or influence others
- Ability to travel between Vancouver Island and the Lower Mainland offices occasionally
Why join Coast Capital Savings?
Purpose is our North Star.
We look at everything through our purpose. It informs the advice we provide our members, the experiences and products we create, and the programs we build to support our employees and communities.
Committed to inclusion and engagement. We have an ongoing focus on equity, diversity, and inclusion and routinely track how we’re doing, and what we need to do to keep improving. We foster a culture where everyone can feel safe to be who they really are and thrive.
A career that grows with you. We believe in developing our people and promoting from within. Many employees have spent decades, and sometimes their entire careers, with Coast Capital and have progressed from the frontlines to senior leadership.
Work where you’re most effective. In 2020 the world changed, and that includes how we work. In response to COVID-19 we launched myWork, which gives employees flexibility in where they work based on the nature of their role.
Benefits that flex to the needs of you and your family. We offer comprehensive, customizable benefits for you and your family, so you can choose what fits best for you and your lifestyle.
Retirement options. We also take care of our employees once they retire. That’s why we offer the choice of a defined contribution or defined benefit pension plan or RSP’s.
Mortgage and auto financing benefits. Employees save thousands on their mortgages and auto loans with best-in-category benefits.
Real Recognition. We recognize excellence throughout the year, through an online community that lets employees give kudos and thanks throughout the year. We’re human, which means we like to have fun with events, celebrations, and recognition throughout the year.
An award winning culture. We’re a Platinum member of Canada’s Best Managed Companies and are regularly recognized by Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures and the BC Top Employers Awards.
We reinvest 10% back into the community. When we do well, our communities do well. That’s why since 2000 we’ve invested over $90 million into our member’s communities.
Double your impact. Through our employee volunteer program, Coast Capital donates $10 for every hour you volunteer to a Canadian charity or non-profit of your choice.
At Coast Capital, we value diversity, equity and inclusion. We’re not all the same and we like it that way. We don’t just accept differences - we celebrate, support, and we thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our members, and our community. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.