Company Background: Human in Motion Robotics (HMR) is a start-up company that is driven by a deep sense of purpose and a desire to change the world for the better. HMR has designed the most advanced wearable lower-limb exoskeleton system which enables users to experience normal walking and maintain their balance in even the most complex activities, from uphill climbs to stairs. HMR is a fast-growing robotic company that offers entirely unique work experience and growth opportunities in multidisciplinary and cutting-edge projects for changing the world for people with motion disabilities. We are constantly seeking motivated individuals who are inspired by innovation and are willing to inspire others. If you are motivated, passionate, and eager to continuously learn and improve, then we want to hear from you. Join us at HMR and help us create a world where everyone has the ability to move and thrive.
Job Description and Responsibilities: As an Intermediate Electronic Engineer, you will be responsible for designing, developing, and troubleshooting electronic systems for our state-of-the-art exoskeleton technology. Your expertise will be crucial in ensuring the seamless integration of hardware solutions with firmware and software components. You will collaborate closely with a multidisciplinary team, contributing to the entire product lifecycle, from conceptualization to testing and continuous support. Your work will contribute to creating cutting-edge robotic solutions that enhance mobility and transform the lives of users. This position calls for a motivated, experienced professional who thrives on contributing to impactful technical milestones within a dynamic, fast-paced work setting.
Some of your key responsibilities include:
· Electronic Hardware Design and Development: Creating electronic systems for robotic exoskeleton devices, optimizing performance and efficiency through architecture evaluation. This entails custom PCB design, component, and sensor selection, and ensuring hardware meets performance and reliability criteria.
· Embedded System Firmware Development: Designing efficient and reliable ARM MCU firmware, verifying hardware functionality, optimizing performance, and collaborating with software engineers for integration and troubleshooting. Developing interfaces and protocols like CAN, Ethernet, EtherCAT, I2C, SPI, Bluetooth, and Wi-Fi.
· Integrating and Testing: Integrating electronic systems into the exoskeleton by ensuring that all components work together seamlessly. This process entails rigorous testing of electronic systems for power analysis, accurate data collection, and assessing the overall system's performance.
· Safety and Compliance: Ensuring robotic system safety by designing compliant electronic systems that meet regulatory standards, including safety and EMC requirements, and adherence to IEC 60601 for medical electrical equipment.
· Documentation and Reporting: preparing detailed documentation, including schematics, circuit diagrams, parts lists, design specifications, and test results alongside regular progress reports and updates.
- BS or higher in Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, or a related field.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in electrical/electronic system design, development, and troubleshooting.
- Solid understanding of analog and digital circuit design principles, power electronics, signal integrity, and noise reduction techniques.
- Proficiency in using tools such as Altium, Cadence, or Eagle for schematic capture and PCB design.
- Experience with simulation tools (PSpice or LTspice).
- Strong troubleshooting skills and ability to use lab equipment (e.g., oscilloscopes, logic analyzers).
- Exceptional teamwork and communication skills, coupled with an outstanding aptitude for problem-solving.
Preferred and Plus skills:
- Direct experience in the process of electrical safety certification for medical devices (as per IEC 60601) or similarly regulated environments.
- Experience with embedded systems, microcontrollers, sensor integration, and firmware development.
- Prior experience in the robotics field.
Compensation and benefits: HMR provides a competitive compensation package, paid time off, employee stock options, and extended health care, dental, and vision insurance. We work in a positive and innovative environment where people passionate about helping the world become more mobile come together for engaging and inventive team discussions. We are committed to providing our team with work that leads to personal satisfaction and continued professional growth.
Compensation and benefits: The description of the role above is what we believe an exemplary candidate could look like, if you have related experience but don’t necessarily meet all the requirements, please apply! HMR is committed to fostering an equal-opportunity work environment that demonstrates a culture of inclusion and diversity, celebrating our employees’ differences and unique experiences to drive forward innovation. If you are ready for an exciting opportunity with a fast-growing start-up on a mission to change people’s lives, please submit a cover letter and resume, as well as your personal portfolios (including your GitHub profile) reflecting your relevant experiences via email (use the subject line “RE: Intermediate Electronics Engineer”) to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you require any accommodations throughout the interview process, please make our team aware.