Say hello to the Mysa team!
The grass really is greener over here. Why? Most importantly, we’ve built a company that’s based on a people-first culture. We encourage (like, really encourage) work-life flexibility, and we’re all about employee recognition. We believe that we do exceptional work when we’re encouraged to play and we’re proud that our team members brag about their jobs to their friends. Of course there’s lots of perks too!
We’re looking for three (3) highly motivated Intermediate Embedded Developers to join our Smart Home Integrations team, Manufacturing team, and Hardware Abstraction team. The ideal candidate must have a fundamental knowledge base of embedded firmware design, as well as a firm understanding of PCB-level electronics design.
What You Will Do:
- Design, develop, test and debug firmware for IoT devices
- Be part of a cross-functional software team and participate in the entire product development cycle
- Work with our hardware designers to bring new products from prototype to production
- Tune the code for optimal resource utilization, reliability, and performance
Who You Are:
- Diploma/Degree in Electronics, Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related technical discipline combined with electronics and/or PCB design experience
- 5-10 years of embedded firmware design experience
- Programming experience in C, and experience with real time, multi-threaded, or memory constrained operating systems
- Understanding of embedded design considerations including flash management, microprocessor architectures, instruction efficiency, and I/O timing
- Experience with embedded communication protocols; I2C, SPI, UART, etc
- Ability to debug digital circuits using logic analysers, oscilloscopes, etc
- Experience with the software development lifecycle and CI/CD tools
- Analytical thinker, with a creative mind, and an adaptable nature
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to clearly present solutions, while efficiently multi-tasking various priorities
Since entering the market in 2018, Mysa Smart Thermostats have been warmly welcomed into customers’ homes, earning thousands of 5-star reviews.
Our mission is to fight climate change! As the premier Canadian-designed smart thermostats for heating and cooling, Mysa creates thoughtful, innovative technology to help our family of customers across North America stay comfortable and save money by using home energy more efficiently. To help us build a greener, more sustainable future, we’re creating an ecosystem of energy-saving smart thermostats and fostering a unique, people-first company culture that brings out the very best in our team.
What’s in it for you?
- A rewarding career path that helps you learn, grow, and showcase your talent
- An environment in which you are recognized and appreciated for what you do
- Unlimited paid vacation (Yep. Unlimited. Paid. Vacation (within reason, of course!)
- Flexible environment (work from home, a coffee shop, or a blanket fort - wherever you’re most comfortable)
- Flexible hours (no set ‘office hours’— you work 40 hours per week and meet your role requirements)
- Training and Development Allowance Program
- Health and Wellness Allowance Program
- Competitive salary structure
- Annual salary increases
- Employee Stock Option Purchase Plan
- Comprehensive Group Health, Dental and Vision Benefit Plan
- Employer-matched RRSPs
- Maternity & Parental Leave Top-Up Program
Feeling intrigued? Enticed? Here are some extra perks:
- Modern, open, fun office environment (we work hard, but we’re not scared of a good time)
- Dynamic downtown location with free parking
- Fun, quarterly team-building events
- New pair of high-quality noise reducing headphones
- Innovative workflow software and technology (we’re major Slackers — internal communications have never been more awesome)
Simply put, we know that people are the heart of our business and we appreciate your unique qualities and diverse experiences. If this opportunity sounds amazing and you feel that you’re a great fit for most of the listed criteria, you should apply — we value individual abilities over a profile on paper.
Mysa is an equal opportunity employer focused on promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We value diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us all different. Your application to this posting is deemed to be consent to the collection, use, and necessary disclosure of personal information to facilitate our recruitment process. We respect the confidentiality and privacy of all of our applicants.
Thanks for thinking about making Mysa your work home. We look forward to getting to know you.