Are you passionate about innovation, growth, working with the latest tech stacks, and directly impacting customers and business users? Would you like to work in an environment where you can empower and influence your team and through collaboration drive the vision for the company? If yes, then Best Buy Canada’s tech team is one you should explore!
As an Intermediate Java Developer, you will be working with a talented group of developers to build applications that will create an amazing experience for our customers and associates.
We practice a remote first working model, leveraging in person interactions at our head office, in beautiful Vancouver, BC, for strategic, collaborative, and social purposes.
Apply now and grow your career with our Technology team as an Intermediate Java Developer
What you’ll do as an Intermediate Java Developer:
- Approach challenges and projects with a flexible, team-first mindset and will actively collaborate with other teams in the department.
- Work in our Agile environment, where you will have plenty of opportunities to develop, test, debug, and demonstrate your work before it is published live.
- Be engaged in taking initiatives in proposing and implementing an application enhancement to account for a business challenge.
- Strengthen your leadership skills by giving technical direction to peers.
What we’re looking for:
- 3 to 5 years of experience with back-end development demonstrating proficiency with core development languages such as Java (J2EE, Spring Boot, Servlets/JSP, Hibernate)
- Experience with Microservices architecture
- Experience with relational and non-relational databases and SQL such as MSSQL, Oracle 12c and up
- Knowledge of Test & Build frameworks (xUnit, Ant/Maven/npm)
- Experience with data structures, algorithms, distributed systems, and working directly with
- engineers and product owners
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Computer, Science, Electrical, Engineering, or related discipline/experience
Why you’ll love it here:
- Employee discounts on awesome tech from day one
- Flexible health benefits and wellness program
- TFSA and RRSP programs
- 100% matched company pension plan
- Training programs to build new and transferable skills
About Best Buy
As Canada's destination for the coolest tech, Best Buy offers one of the best work environments in the country! Annually recognized as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, our culture is one of inclusivity and belonging and provides employees an environment where they can bring their whole selves to work. We believe in a fair and inclusive hiring process.
Join our amazing team!
We are looking for people just like you.