Title: Intermediate Software Developer
Job number: 000535
Company: Delta Controls
Department: Product Development
Delta is looking for an Intermediate Embedded Software Developer, focused on Firmware Development. This role will work on the firmware our new Sensor Hub line of products. The Sensor Hub is a networked sensor that communicates via several protocols including MQTT, BACnet, BLE and RESTful API. You will be joining a team of approximately ten developers and QA personnel to deliver firmware releases for the product.
Work location:This position is located in our head office. Remote work may be available during COVID-19.
City: Surrey, BC
Schedule: Full time
Delta Controls is the benchmark for building controls manufacturers, being one of the most respected organizations in our industry, with more than 300 Partners/Distributors in over 80 countries. For more than three decades Delta Controls has offered innovative and exciting building automation solutions for commercial, healthcare, education, leisure buildings and more. As industry leaders, our track record includes delivering the world’s first fully integrated native BACnet building solution encompassing HVAC, lighting and access control products.
As part of Delta Electronics Inc., the global leader in switching power supply solutions and DC brushless fans and an $8+ billion USD organization, Delta Controls is able to bring some of the most energy efficient and sustainable solutions to buildings around the world, working together toward our shared vision of developing technologies aimed at reducing global warming and ensuring a sustainable future for mankind. Delta Electronics products are the most energy efficient power products in the industry and include a comprehensive range of energy management solutions in Industrial Automation, Telecom Power, UPS and Data Center Infrastructure, Automotive Electronics and Energy Storage Systems.
Why work for us?
We provide fantastic opportunities to individuals passionate about business and technology. Delta Electronics products are the most energy efficient power products in the industry and our company is perfect for those who want to create, design and build sustainable solutions using massively scalable, big-data architecture, with a strong focus on building automation. Here are some of the Delta perks you’ll receive from day 1!
- Employee & safety centric culture with the possibility of remote work
- Flexible hours and scheduling available
- Competitive total compensation along with generous vacation allowances
- Three weeks of vacation
- In-house & external training provided along with education support and opportunities for growth
- Company funded annual personal development budget
- Financial benefits & planning such as group RRSP & company match
- Employer paid premiums for extended healthcare and family-focused benefits (health, vision and dental)
- Travel insurance coverage and access to the Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Wellness - onsite fitness center & company reimbursement for personal gym memberships
- Internal Recognition & Service Awards
- Employee Referral bonuses
- Transit accessible with free onsite parking
- Regular company events such as "Food Truck Fridays", Lunch & Learn and other planned activities
The Intermediate Embedded Firmware Developer may fulfill any of the following roles on a Project Team:
- Technical Lead (Software) for small projects.
The Intermediate Embedded Firmware Developer has the following duties and responsibilities:
- Provides feedback to the Technical Lead or Project Manager for development schedules.
- Contributes to the risk management activities of the project team.
- Implements embedded firmware design.
- Designs and documents project sub-components.
Main skills required:
- Strong technical communication and writing skills.
- Team player.
- Good organizational skills.
- Understanding of technical issues as they relate to an individual specialty
- Interpersonal and mentorship skills.
- C++ and Python programming experience is a must
- Embedded Linux experience is an asset
- Bachelor of Science (Computing or Engineering), or equivalent education, training, and/or experience.
- One or more years as a Junior Software Developer or equivalent education, training, and/or experience.
Years of relevant experience required: 1 year
Education required: Bachelor's degree
Number of openings: 1
Upon hire, in addition to a competitive compensation package, we also offer a unique work environment that is designed for people who like to work hard and play hard too! Here are just a few examples:
- 3 weeks of vacation
- Sign-On Bonus
- Employer paid premiums for life insurance, health and family-focused benefits such as the employee assistance program, extended health, vision and dental benefits
- Onsite fitness center
- Company paid personal days off
- RRSP match program
- Annual Bonus Program
- Annual sabbatical allowance
To apply, go to our careers site at https://careers.deltacontrols.com. Complete or update your profile and submit your application online. Next, go to the applied jobs list to ensure your application has been fully processed. You are also welcome to add or manage job alerts within your candidate account.
We understand that it takes time to apply for a job and appreciate that you spend it showing your interest in working with our team at Delta Controls.
If this position is eligible for remote work, candidates outside of our local area will be considered. If this position is not eligible for remote work then local candidates are preferred and no relocation will be offered for this position. For positions not eligible for remote work the candidate must be legally-entitled to work in the country where the job is offered, for any employer, without requiring sponsorship. While we will consider all applications, only those short-listed for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls, please. No outside agencies or recruiters, please.