Location: Remote; physically located in the United States (EST time zone preferred)
Who We Are:
KAR Global powers the world’s most trusted automotive marketplaces through innovation, technology and people. Our end-to-end platform serves the remarketing needs of the world’s largest OEMs, dealers, fleet operators, rental companies and financial institutions.
- We’re a technology company delivering next generation tools to accelerate and simplify remarketing.
- We’re an analytics company leveraging data to inform and empower our customers with clear, actionable insights
- And we’re an auction company powering the world’s most advanced and integrated mobile, digital and physical auction marketplaces
About Our Candidate:
OPENLANE, a KAR Global brand, the leader in online automotive remarketing, is currently looking for a Intermediate Software Developer.
The team is seeking highly intelligent and innovative software and system engineers who truly enjoy developing and delivering elegant and scalable SaaS applications and are passionate about continually raising the quality and performance bar.
You will be part of a high-caliber team in a fast-paced environment that has an entrepreneurial feel and DevOps culture responsible for software engineering using technologies including AWS Cloud, micro-services, server-less architectures and data streaming. This is an opportunity to engineer and operate enterprise grade systems and gain top-notch experience in developing cloud native SaaS applications in an enterprise environment. You'll be surrounded by people who are smart, passionate about software engineering and cloud computing, and believe that service stability and performance is critical to success.
OPENLANE, a KAR Global brand, is the online vehicle remarketing and portfolio management pioneer, delivering intelligent innovations and trusted technology solutions preferred by most OEMs, automotive finance companies and fleets. Operating more than 40 private-label remarketing marketplace sites and mobile apps in the U.S. and Canada, OPENLANE is the largest provider of vehicle portfolio management and remarketing services—by far.
With 20 years of industry leadership, OPENLANE has a proven track record of delivering the latest technology at scale, with loyalty-inspiring service and support.
As part of the KAR group of companies, OPENLANE supports the entire remarketing lifecycle, with integrated transport, wholesale, and data solutions that leverage the span and capabilities of KAR.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Product development process – it’s more than solely coding. Be collaborative member of the autonomous cross-functional team to define, build, test and deliver innovative enterprise-grade solutions
- This role will lead systems and environment development for NEW applications based on existing and well-established platforms. There is a large team of industry, product and technical experts to help - you will have all the support you could ask for.
- We use a modern development stack including Amazon Web Services (AWS) Lambda & Kinesis and Node.js – we are primarily an open source shop. We run on Atlassian, Slack, Jenkins, GitHub Enterprise, Splunk, AppDynamics and other top industry technologies.
- You will be working in a stable business environment with strong organizational and management support, so you can focus on your craft. Mastery, Autonomy and Purpose are core tenants that serve to drive us every day.
What You Need to Be Successful:
- Bachelor’s Degree required in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or above
- Passion for high-quality execution, technical and operational excellence.
- Proven track record working in an agile environment with sharp focus on shipping frequently while managing competing priorities and timelines.
- Demonstrated passion for agile principles, values and continuous improvement of engineering processes
- Strong believer and promoter of built-in-quality, DevOps mindset and automation
- Solid understanding of software development fundamentals, data structures, design patterns and web system architecture
- 3+ years of experience with high quality object-oriented code
- 2+ years of professional experience building Node.js backend applications
- Solid understanding and experience working with relational DBs like Postgres, MySQL or Oracle
- Experienced with development for AWS
- Knowledge with Typescript
- Experienced in developing REST APIs
- Strong experience with Git source control
- Experience in development of large-scale SaaS and cloud-native applications
- Experience conducting code reviews and mentoring junior developers
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery
- Excellent communication and presentation skills to interact with both internal and external people
- Support continuous improvements initiatives and actively identify bottlenecks and ways to improve engineering practices and development process
- Promoter of writing well-designed, reusable, testable and efficient code
- Contribute in all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle
- Strong ability to troubleshooting and resolving issues
- Knowledgeable with test-driven development
- Experience with CI/CD process
- Familiarity with AWS technologies such as Lambda and Kinesis
- Familiarity with the Serverless Framework
- Familiarity with micro services
- Familiarity with MongoDB, DynamoDB or any other No-SQL databases
We thank all applicants. However, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
OPENLANE is committed to providing employment in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Any assessment and selection materials or processes used during the recruitment process will be available in an accessible format to applicants with disabilities, upon request. If contacted for an interview, please advise Human Resources if you require disability-related accommodation.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our benefits package includes:
- Competitive compensation
- Health Care insurance, including vision and prescription drugs benefits
- Dental insurance
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Retirement savings plan
- Employee stock purchase program
- Paid holidays and generous paid time off
- Learning and development resources
Job Code R-239619