Who we are
Join Scene+ and be part of Canada's most loved loyalty program! We are a trusted and rapidly scaling brand, driven by the belief that there's always something to celebrate and that potential is our biggest advantage. Our goal is to nurture an emotional connection with our audience and become Canada's favourite loyalty program, helping you find more joy today for a rewarding tomorrow.
We're the fun joint venture of Cineplex, Empire, and Scotiabank, blending the energy, optimism, and atmosphere of a startup with the funding of three major players. With 59 team members and plans to grow by 20 more, we're a blank slate ready for fresh ideas. As an emerging, responsive company, we offer independence, accountability, challenges, and rewards to everyone who joins us.
Our motto is "Love what's next," and we believe it applies to your career too. Join us to make a difference, bring happiness to people, and love what lies ahead.
Who we need:
Reporting to the VP of Operations and Technology, we are looking for an IT Business Analyst to deliver an exceptional member experience that elevates Scene+ to a Canadian leader in loyalty programs. You will manage Scene+ program operations, including; redemption suppliers, vendors, day to day escalation and investigation management, and process development and documentation.
What's in it for you:
Impactful simplicity. You'll be part of a future-forward team that values authenticity and invites fresh perspectives. This is a chance to define and shape your role, introducing the latest approaches and technologies. You will have the chance to work on projects involving our partners and internal stakeholders. Your work will be experienced by millions of Canadians.
Anticipation. With giants in banking, grocery, and entertainment as our owners and partners across various industries, this is an opportunity to gain exposure across multiple sectors. With over 30% of our team promoted within the last year, we have a proven history of supporting the growth of our people. Whether you want to increase your influence with us directly or with a parent company, there is always something to look forward to.
As our new IT Business Analyst, you will:
- Apply insights to increase value. You will grow your understanding of our member experience culture, leveraging this knowledge to deepen relationships and engagement with owners and partners. You will elicit, document, and expand upon partner and end-user requirements focusing on adding value and consistency to the user and member experience. You will assist in creating business cases and cost/benefit analysis to achieve optimal quantitative and qualitative benefits.
- Drive technical enhancements. You will be the bridge connecting our data engineers and developers with our primary vendor. You will be a point of escalation for investigations and identify opportunities for increased system capabilities. You will ensure end-to-end processes are efficient, up-to-date, and documented, including training materials and user guides.
- Leverage data to drive decisions. You will conduct and draw on results of, cost/benefit, user data, impact, and process analyses to prioritize and manage technical enhancements and systems updates. You will scope work effort, resources, and timing for different strategies, analyze the impact and benefits of options, analyze and detail the processes, and collaborate across internal and external teams to complete the work.
- The experience. You have worked in customer-facing and team-bridging roles, ideally at a digital development company or in Loyalty, Points, or Membership for financial services, entertainment, or grocery. You have an exceptional ability to understand, translate, prioritize, and document business needs, user stories, and technical requirements. You thrive in a role where you can connect people to the solutions they need to make life or work more accessible and enjoyable. You have worked in an Agile environment.
- Solution-oriented drive. You think creatively and have an analytical approach to identifying and contributing to technical solutioning. You can weigh risks, costs, timing, and benefits to determine the best option and collaborate across teams to deliver on technical project plans. You are resourceful and can prioritize expectations and deliverables to maintain high-quality standards.
- Interpersonal skills. You can nurture relationships wishing and across internal and external teams: gaining trust to influence decisions. You have professional communication skills, including translating technical concepts and analysis findings for different audiences and levels channel management, developers, internal clients, and external vendors). You have experience creating process and training documentation.
Why work for Scene+? The best of all worlds. We offer:
- Perks. Enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package, performance-based bonuses, and extra rewards from our owners, including discounted rates on mortgages, banking and movies.
- Transparency. Our strategic focus comes from our owners, along with funding and infrastructure support. The creative approach and direction is ours to run with.
- Warmth. We’re nurturing an authentic culture of relationship building, knowledge sharing, and creativity. As we continue to grow and work together, everyone is invited to share your ideas for fun with the team, whether it's patio drinks, movie nights, or volunteering for a good cause.
- The future. We are all about living in the moment while looking towards the future. Because to us, the only thing more exciting than today is tomorrow.
If you have 70% of what we're looking for and 100% authenticity and passion, express your interest here. Please contact us at email@example.com and let us know what accommodations or assistance we can provide you during the application process.
At Scene+, we're committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We strive to integrate these values into everything we do, from our partners and offers to our teams and interactions. We welcome and appreciate candidates from diverse backgrounds, including women, persons with disabilities, Black, Indigenous and People of Colour (BIPOC), the LGBTQ2SIA+ community, and other equity-seeking groups.