IT Internal Auditor, Toronto (Hybrid)
As part of the North America Audit Hub (NAAH) you provide audit services to Munich Re’s North America entities to assist Senior Management in the achievement of the Company’s strategic objectives.
Hybrid - 2 days in a week in Toronto office
As a trusted advisor, The IT Internal Auditor:
- Builds effective relationships while providing independent value added internal audit services
- Independently or through participation on engagement teams conducts independent assessments of Munich Re’s internal control environment
- Provides reasonable assurance regarding the effectiveness of IT systems, governance, compliance, risk management, and internal controls systems
The individual in the Internal Auditor role demonstrates the ability to independently apply the department’s audit methodology. They participate in all phases of the audit from planning to reporting, including understanding business operations, scoping the audit, identifying risks and controls, designing and executing testing with minimal oversight and assisting with the writing of audit reports.
- Execute information technology (IT) and integrated audits in areas such as General Controls, IT Governance, IT project lifecycle, system conversion and pre-implementation reviews and Third Party Risk Management.
- Review and assess compliance of IT systems and processes against IT directives, policies, standards and industry best practices frameworks.
- Independently conduct thorough risk analysis, control identification, as well as conclude on the effectiveness of processes and design of controls. Interpret the associated risks, develop testing approaches, and propose solutions. Identify control gaps and control performance exceptions and independently evaluate the potential impact.
- Effectively communicates orally and written in both technical IT and non-technical terms to Operational and IT management. Make sound recommendations for audit finding rankings and effectively support conclusions during discussions with audit clients.
- Conducts data analysis to facilitate audit scoping and testing.
- Share knowledge with broader NAAH and global teams and takes an active role in facilitating the training and development of less experienced team members.
- A Bachelor's degree in information systems, computer science, engineering, business/finance or equivalent training along with relevant technology experience are required. Insurance industry experience preferred.
- Upto Two years of IT Audit or information technology experience with a focus on security, risk management, or system development.
- Knowledge of IT auditing standards and control frameworks such as IIA, COBIT, NIST CSF, and ISO2700x.
- Intermediate knowledge of internal audit practices, and financial and operational process documentation. Demonstrated ability to evaluate internal controls, effectively execute large portions of an audit independently, analyze and solve complex problems and conduct research.
- Experience performing audit testing and documenting workpapers preferred.
- Strong communication skills with an ability to express ideas clearly, concisely and persuasively both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrate technical knowledge of routine business processes and continue development of technical and analytical skills to understand more complex business processes.
- A familiarity with ACL software (Audit Command Language) or other data analytics tool and ability to conduct data analysis is desired. – Preferred
- Progress towards completing the CISA or CISSP exam is preferred. The completion of other insurance or audit related certifications is a plus.