It starts with the planet and the people that tend and raise the food we eat. It ends on your table, delicious, healthy, cost-effective, and high quality. Our client, a food-tech company, founded on a mission to nourish people at a lower cost, a better value, and a greater selection, has a vision to bring the best to your kitchens. As they scale, they are looking for new team members who share their passion for food and quality.
With a commitment to launching their Canadian operations before year-end, our client is looking for an IT Support Technician. You will be responsible for supporting, monitoring, and managing company technology equipment, including laptops, AV equipment, and Network infrastructure, across the company portfolio. In addition, you will take on vendor management, process development, and continuous improvement to ensure the client’s internal systems and network infrastructure is operating at an optimal level.
What’s in it for you
Rewarding challenges. You want to take ownership for the successful functioning of technology and network systems for an eCommerce organization establishing operations in the GTA. You are excited to take on vendor management and process creation to broaden your areas of expertise.
Stability and flexibility. You want to be part of a smaller team, balancing the startup energy with a resilient foundation. You will be the newest team member at a financially stable, flourishing brand with a robust international presence, embarking on a new launch in Canada. You will be based in the head office but have the chance to travel to different sites across the GTA.
Professional development. You will work alongside a leader with expertise in Technical Operations Management. You will be mentored, given the chance to take ownership, and be supported in pursuing diverse opportunities within the organization.
Culinary training - and tasting. This is a company founded on a passion for quality and food. As someone who shares that interest, you will have the chance to participate in two weeks of food-focused training with the corporate head chef. With regular new products created in the test kitchen, there is always something to taste and try out.
What you will do:
- Support and manage the company’s technology equipment. You will provide onsite and remote technical support to ensure the smooth operation of laptops, AV equipment, and network infrastructure across offices, stores, and the distribution centre, occasionally travelling to sites.
- Design and document. You will design ticket management processes to funnel and prioritize internal (head office, stores, distribution centres) and external (internet, etc.) requests and SLAs. You will create user documentation as needed, maintain client information system records, and ensure compliance at all levels within project teams.
- Learn and teach. You will stay up to date with technology, obtain certification if desired, and participate in vendor-provided or self-paced training. You will share knowledge, discoveries, ideas, challenges, and solutions with peers, Managers, and Executives.
- Collaborate. You will manage relationships, coordinate with vendors to resolve network equipment and hardware problems and provide guidance during installations. You will work with and across teams to execute daily operations and special projects, ultimately contributing to a separation of processes from the US parent company.
What you bring:
- The experience. You have in-depth experience configuring and supporting company computer hardware and peripherals. You have expertise in troubleshooting technical hardware and network issues and analyzing and problem-solving issues to meet SLAs. You are proficient with Jira.
- Determination. You have exceptional attention to detail and accuracy and hold yourself to high standards of accountability. You work with a sense of urgency, managing risks and navigating barriers, taking on multiple roles to ensure deadlines are met and expectations are exceeded. You can pivot your focus and reprioritize tasks to respond to urgent access issues.
- Growth mindset. You are open to adopting and sharing new ideas and processes; you are highly motivated to take on new challenges. You want to be part of a fun, focused, newly setup team working out of a north Toronto base, occasionally travelling to sites throughout the GTA to liaise with internal teams and third-party providers.
- Humble. You have effective and flexible communication skills and can build trusting relationships. You work collaboratively and respectfully as part of a team. You can translate complex technical instructions to a non-technical audience. You take an empathetic customer-service approach to supporting your colleagues and maintaining calm during high-pressure situations. You respect diverse backgrounds and perspectives and prioritize the team over yourself.
- Ownership. You have a profound commitment to the customer experience and the ability of technology to connect the two. You thrive in an evolving environment and take on different daily challenges enthusiastically.
- Passion. You have a love of food. You are excited to be part of a team making an impact on Canadians - and having fun doing it.
This is a company that respects and cares for their people, the plates in front of customers, and the planet. With strong values prioritizing quality above others, they are transforming the grocery experience.
If you share a commitment to better food at better prices and want to be part of building a brand and success in Canada, let us know. And, while we can’t promise everyone an interview, if you feel you have 70% of the qualifications and 100% of the passion, express your interest.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you require accommodation in the recruitment process, please let us know