At Adaptive, we are a financial consulting firm that partners with capital, commodity, and digital market participants. We value differentiation through technology. Our experienced teams design and deliver complex front-office technology solutions using our proven accelerators to create long-term competitive advantage.
Our clients include the world’s leading investment banks, investment managers, FinTechs, and capital market service providers. With a global reach with offices in London, New York, Barcelona and Montreal, we have a proven track record delivering powerful, elegant and intuitive trading technology solutions.
We are now looking for a Java developer to join our Montreal team on a new exciting project!
- A great team player
- A lover of Java and a problem solver
- Significant, professional server-side software development experience
- General familiarity with data structures such as sets, hashes, caches, etc
- Solid experience programming using Core Java. Min Java 8 required; Java 11+ exposure is a plus.
- General knowledge of event-driven architecture patterns
- Experience in delivering OMS/EMS/Exchange systems is not required, but would be advantageous
- Exposure to fx/equities/crypto trading & brokerage would be an asset
- Experience using messaging technologies such as Tibco, Kafka, Pulsar, Rabbit, Active MQ, Aeron
- Experience in automated end-to-end testing
- Exposure to Kubernetes & AWS
- Experience working in an Agile environment (Scrum, Kanban) & Continuous Delivery
- To be immersed in high-standard engineering culture. Our fantastic team takes pride in crafting complex technical solutions but also loves sharing their knowledge and helping you grow professionally (we have extraordinary minds at Adaptive, some of us worked at NASA too ). You can learn from anyone here, which is the beauty of it
- To take part in the growth and development of a great company
- Our teams feel free to speak up, make suggestions and raise concerns
- Collaborative team environment: we all work together, respect each other, and pitch in
- Great consideration for work/life balance (highly-flexible, hybrid working model, well-being benefits…). Balance between professional and personal life is massively important to us
- We work hard to provide a positive, collaborative and inclusive culture and to positively impact our staff and local communities through different well-being, diversity and inclusion programs
BENEFITS (What we offer in return // what you’ll get )
For permanent employees:
We create benefits with YOU in mind.
- 23 days holiday
- Family medical and dental
- Pension plan
- Gym subsidy
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Plan
Long interview processes are stressful and boring and that is not us.
We want to make sure that everything runs smoothly.
So here, you will have three stage interviews:
1- A chat with one of our great recruiters.
2- A Zoom chat with one of our Java colleagues where they will ask you detailed questions about your experience.
3- A Face to Face interview (either in our office or via Zoom). During this interview, we will dig even deeper and you will have a pair programming task to do.
But don’t worry; everything will be explained to you step by step by your recruiter.
A little tip for you during those stages:
Collaboration is massively important to us, so don't hesitate to share your thoughts, ask questions, ask for help if needed, etc
DIVERSITY & INCLUSION:
Diversity and inclusion are key to a great workplace, and Adaptive is better when it’s more representative of the world around us. We want everyone to feel comfortable bringing their whole selves to work without any fear of judgment or negativity.
All we ask is that our colleagues are respectful, collaborative, passionate about what they do, and have the skills needed to be successful in their roles.