Working for First Derivative, you will also be part of FD Technologies plc which is a global leader in consulting, business services and technology. We are the home for diverse thinkers and innovators. We know that our people are vital to our success and we are proud of the diverse and vibrant team we have built across the globe. We are committed to hiring top talent, creating an environment where they can thrive, and recognizing and rewarding their dedication as they progress within the company.
We have an excellent opportunity for motivated Mid-to-Senior Software Engineer(s) to join our Global Consulting Practice. Successful candidate will be given the opportunity to work as part of a global practice and the opportunity to work with a major financial institution.
Candidates will need:
- Experience and excellent skills using Core Java (i.e. Collections, Generics and Functional Programming, Multithreading etc.)
- Good experience with Spring Frameworks (Spring Boot, Cloud, etc.)
- Experience creating and maintaining microservices architecture
- An ability to break down a problem and present a logical solution or next step to solving a problem
- Experience using cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, GCP) is highly beneficial
- Any experience on the Front End is also beneficial, although mainly backend
- CI/CD working knowledge
- Comfortable with modern IDEs (Eclipse and IntelliJ)
- Experience with build automation and dependency management tools like Gradle
- Ability to add value in an Agile set up
- An ability to work independently and reach out to the team for support in a timely fashion
- Strong written and spoken English
This role is based in the Greater Toronto area.
Working for FD:
At FD, you will embark upon a career with life-long learning at its core, facilitating rapid professional and personal development and the opportunity to design your own path. We support a variety of external training courses and accreditations and are truly passionate about our Mentor Program, through which our senior colleagues generously set aside personal time to coach and support others in their career progression.
We are delighted to have several active internal networks, social committees, and charity initiatives, designed with the intention of meeting the holistic needs of our employees and giving back to our communities.
Our employees are rewarded with numerous benefits as part of their employment, including:
- Competitive Salary
- Extensive Health Care Package
- Pension plan
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Annual leave increasing with service
- Group Life Protection Benefit
- Training opportunities
- FD Internal Network and Sports & Social Calendar
Who are we?
First Derivatives plc (FD) is a leading software and services company, with world-leading intellectual property in ultra-high-performance analytics (KX) across industries, and extensive domain expertise and capabilities in capital markets systems and technology (managed services and consulting).
First Derivative provides a range of managed services and consulting worldwide to its clients in the capital markets sector, including many of the world’s leading banks, focused on supporting mission-critical systems as well as helping them to achieve and maintain regulatory compliance.
KX technology is designed to capture and analyze data to make real-time decisions in a world where data volumes generated by markets and machines are increasing exponentially, and existing technologies fail due to technological or commercial limitations.
KX is widely adopted throughout the financial industry and is poised for accelerated growth across high-tech manufacturing, automotive, oil and gas, utilities, and telecommunications.