The Samsung Vancouver Knox B2B Cloud services group is looking for Java Engineers who are passionate about delivering world-class services that bring innovations to mobile device management, using state-of-the-art platforms and infrastructures.
If you want to work for one of the most recognized brands in the world and one of the Top 100 Employers in Canada, then please keep reading!
What We Offer:
• Competitive Salary
• RRSP Matching
• Employer Paid Flexible Health Coverage (from day one)
• Employee Purchase Program – discounts!
• Professional Development Opportunities
• Social and Wellness Events
• Employee Referral Program- we want great talent like you!
Role and Responsibilities
- Implement, maintain and evolve cloud-based products and services
- Integrate with external customer and 3rd-party systems
- Perform extensive research and analysis to make optimal architecture and design decisions
- Analyze and improve security for cloud application, provide expert guidance to engineers on security
- Write large amounts of code, perform code reviews, write unit tests
- Write documentation
- Interface with other groups including Product Management, QA and Operations
- Create quick proof-of-concept prototypes
- Participate in scrum team
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
- BSc or MSc in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of production level experience in Java and Springboot (mandatory)
- 3+ years of production level experience in one of: Java, Node.js, Python, or similar language
- Production level experience in AWS
- Good working knowledge of SQL and NoSQL databases (mySql and MongoDb etc.)
- Knowledge and experience in micro-services architecture, containerization, and orchestration (Docker and Kubernetes etc.)
- Strong computer science fundamentals in data structures, design patterns, algorithm design, and complexity analysis
- Knowledge of network and web related protocols (e.g., TCP/IP, REST, gRPC, HTTP, TLS)
- Interest and ability to learn new technologies or other coding languages, as needed
- Good grasp of the Agile software development approach, CI/CD, Gradle, Maven, GIT, code review and code coverage tools
- Experience with designing a test strategy, writing test cases and automating testing
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
Samsung is an equal employment opportunity employer. We thank you for your interest in working for Samsung; only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.