Jr QA Developer
StellarAlgoCanada19 days ago
Who We Are
At StellarAlgo we are brought together by the belief that accessible and actionable data inspires the personalized and authentic experiences that create lifelong fans. Through a combination of trust, responsibility and support we believe in empowering our staff members to achieve big things where it comes to solving interesting problems with data. In fact, our biggest investment is in you; we give you what you need to focus on your professional growth and career development, all while developing software that directly impacts our customers and their fans. We will challenge you and you will be surrounded by people equally committed to the company’s success, allowing for constant collaboration.
The Role: Are you up for the challenge?
At StellarAlgo, we’re expanding and looking for a QA Developer to join our talented and results oriented team. What do we mean by results oriented? You'll work closely with clients to understand not only what they want but what they need and help them solve some big and interesting problems.
What You'll Do
▪ Ensure functionality of new features prior to release
▪ Ensure data accuracy throughout data integration pipelines
▪ Good understanding of customer use cases and interests
▪ Design, build and maintain a robust Test Framework & Test Matrices
▪ Implementation of automated regression testing to improve quality of testing
▪ Document and tracking of issues and bugs; relentlessly move each bug through its life cycle
▪ Familiar with Functional, Integration, Regression, Smoke, Stress Testing
▪ Have end-to-end ownership of quality features (from functional through automation)
▪ Integration of automated test scripts within our Continuous Integration pipelines
▪ Utilize and help improve our software development life cycle process
▪ Collaborate with Product Managers, Software Developers, Data Engineers, Data Scientists, and Partners
What We're Looking For
▪ Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or related technical field
▪ 2+ years of experience performing manual validations against web based SaaS applications
▪ 2+ years of experience working with multiple relational databases (MSSQL, MySQL, Redshift)
▪ Strong communication skills to contribute working in a team environment
▪ Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences
▪ (Bonus) Experience with NoSQL and document store databases (MongoDB, DocumentDB, CosmosDB)
▪ (Bonus) Familiar working and navigating through large data volumes and familiar with data warehousing patterns
▪ (Bonus) Experience with Continuous Integration & Continuous Delivery tools (Travis CS, Docker)
▪ (Bonus) Experience with Sysops configuring and monitoring in Containers and AWS Services
Who You Are
You are driven to deliver quality and robust software to customers. You are keen on learning new software patterns and architectures to support the best user experiences in a SaaS environment. You are not afraid of diving into data pipelines, analytical renderings and data frameworks that support machine learning and predictive model building.
On top of this, you are comfortable working in cross-functional teams and can share insights and expectations with stakeholders, clients, team members and various levels of management. You are also comfortable digging into large volume data problems, troubleshooting complex issues no matter the domain, and helping to organize understanding, generating solutions and developing a plan to execute.