Join us as we change healthcare for the better.
Ocean by CognisantMD is the leading provider of EMR-integrated Patient Engagement and eReferral tools in Canada, playing a critical role in millions of patient visits and thousands of referrals every week. Our digital healthcare solutions empower patients and physicians to overcome the barriers preventing the timely delivery of healthcare services. By replacing paper forms with digital tools we give patients and providers secure ways to connect, share health information, and update patient records. Our tools:
- Empower patients to share health information with their physician before, during, and after visits, helping to ensure health records are up to date and accurate while improving patient care.
- Meet the growing demand for virtual care solutions via an online booking system and secure messaging that brings significant benefits to patients while improving clinic efficiency and reducing the need for unnecessary phone calls.
- Improve access to care by replacing faxes, calculating wait times, and reducing the time to process and access specialist referrals.
Who we need
We are looking for a Junior Account Manager, HealthTech to work with prospects and clients in healthcare clinics, offices, and institutions.
This is a different kind of sales role, aligning closer to a consultant responding to the incoming inquiries, providing guidance, and sharing benefits of new platform features. You will share stories and best practices that communicate the value of the product without relying on a traditional sales approach. This is an opportunity to jumpstart your career in technology as a relationship builder and trusted advisor.
You will respond to and research details of incoming leads, grow your knowledge of how we can help and find the right solution for them. You will meet with prospects, gather requirements and present solutions. You will manage data, create workflows, and send out communications to optimize current client engagement.
Who you are
Whether you are a clinician like our founders, a physiotherapist like our team manager, or a science or technology grad, you are passionate about the opportunity to make an impact on the healthcare industry. A team player, you are analytical and creative with the ability to build and manage client relationships. You have a great attitude and a willingness to learn. More a project manager than sales, you believe that investing your time and effort is the best way to gain trust, manage the details, and ultimately grow a business.
What's in it for you
An in-demand technology. You want an opportunity to dive into everyday healthcare problems, analyze the issues, and determine - and present - the solution from our suite of products. Our current customer base is built predominantly on clients seeking our solutions, with an 80% close rate. The healthcare industry is seeking new technology that will empower patients and make the work of clinicians and administrators run smoothly and efficiently.
Immediate professional and emotional satisfaction. You will immerse yourself in learning about what we do, gaining an understanding of the impact we make on the lives of Canadians - established and new, young and old - as we bring an empowering service to them. Our clients have patients facing physical, mental, communication, and geographical barriers - the platform features you offer will quite literally be the difference between access to care and being left behind.
What you bring
- Curiosity, passion and drive. You want to make an impact. You are humble, curious, willing to be taught and to adapt. You are a proactive thinker who can come up with innovative solutions quickly, but you take the time to truly understand the business needs of your clients. You believe in pursuing the long-term goals and the bigger close, not the fast and easy. You have the confidence to work autonomously and take the initiative to identify the gaps and potential solutions.
- Relationship building, maintenance, and management. You are an active listener, and you take a consultative approach to build relationships. You have patience, and you are highly responsive. You can put clients at ease and gain the trust of stakeholders. You value everyone you work with and can work with across teams to ensure client satisfaction.
- Knowledge and technical experience. You have been coached on best practices in account management and have experience building and following effective workflows and processes. You are highly proficient with email, Excel, calendar management, and a CRM such as FreshSales. You can think strategically about ways to automate sales tasks.
- Outstanding communication skills. You are an exceptional communicator. You know how to share information and confirm understanding: you draft clear, concise emails, are comfortable on the phone or in video conferences and make engaging presentations. You have impressive communication chain management, constantly aware of who needs to know what, when, and how.
Our culture, our team
We’re a scaling company, past the startup stage and on the cusp of the next stage. We are incredibly passionate about our ability to make a difference in the lives of Canadians through our technology and we firmly believe that we can do our best work with realistic deadlines and transparent communication about where we are and what’s next for us as an organization. We understand the time it takes to revolutionize a paper-based industry and develop and release high-quality resilient, compliant, and responsive technology that is easy to use so we ensure that pace is factored into our projects and deliverables across the organization.
Our focus is your growth and professional satisfaction, resulting in clear opportunities to help us scale and be better through your ideas, and the chance to be part of projects, and try new things. We are dedicated to our team, and we strongly believe that family comes first. To that end, we strive to find opportunities to support balance in the workplace and between work and home. As part of this, we have flexible hours, lunch socials (virtual for now but some physically-distanced small gatherings too), and meeting-free Friday afternoons.
Everyone here is deeply committed to what we can do - and the potential we have to do more. As a result, we provide an opportunity for CognisantCauses, our name for passion projects in healthcare where no funding is available and a little technical expertise and time is needed to make a big difference. It’s a way to give back and to add further meaning to what you do here.
A note on values
We value ethical behaviour above all else. We care about each other and we respect each other as professionals and people. We treat our customers with respect and keep our word, even if it hurts. We own our mistakes. We strive for honesty and integrity every day in every situation. We look for people who share these values
We are transforming patient care across the country and we’ve only just begun. Join us
We are always on the lookout for ethically driven, intelligent, and compassionate professionals who want to be part of an energetic culture and company, people who are interested in contributing their talents in a challenging, interdisciplinary environment. If you feel you meet 70% of the qualifications we are looking for and are determined to make a difference, we encourage you to apply. We promise to consider your application fully.
Express your interest here, explore what we do here, or follow us on LinkedIn to stay connected.
We strive to build a diverse team and encourage applications from traditionally underrepresented groups. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please let us know.