Build a meaningful career
At LifeWorks, we offer more than career opportunities; we provide career opportunities to make meaningful contributions to people's lives. The extraordinary expertise of a more than 7,000-strong workforce is harnessed to support the employees and families of the organizations we serve. Our innovative programs have a lasting impact on the health, financial security and productivity of 24,000 workplaces.
LifeWorks is on a mission to respond to the emerging trends impacting mental health and total wellbeing. Mobile devices, remote offices, the immediate and long-lasting effects of the global pandemic, and the need for employees and employers to find rewarding ways to commit to each other are drivers for our next evolution.
Everyone who joins LifeWorks benefits from the professional reward of working in a more agile human-centric framework and the personal reward of knowing the architecture you build, code you write, the product you release, and the service you provide is supporting the mental, physical, social and financial wellbeing of clients and millions of their employees around the world. We empower our people to make a difference and play a direct role in nurturing and growing our mental health-focused portfolio of globally consistent and locally relevant omnichannel solutions.
There are exciting times ahead, and we're looking for team members who share our enthusiasm, our drive, and our passion for improving business and improving lives.
At LifeWorks, we are always moving forward. Move with us.
Who we need
The Enterprise Platform (EPPS) group develops and supports key platforms and products within LifeWorks, from our APIs to Machine Learning and Cognitive apps. Our technology is used across the LifeWorks portfolio of apps, and we follow product-driven agile methodology. As part of our mission to impact 1 billion lives, we're looking for a hands-on technical leader to play a senior role in our architecture modernization initiatives (i.e., cloud-native apps, event-processing).
Reporting to the VP of Enterprise Platform Engineering, we are looking for a Senior Engineer who wants to step onto a path to a Junior Architect; someone who wants to build and design, diving deep technically into our stack (.NET, Azure, Docker, React) You will be partnered with top developers and another architect on a critical integration team, building an event-driven strategy.
This role can be done remotely in Canada by a motivated individual. Individuals based near a LifeWorks office have the option to work out of that office. Optional team events will be held in Markham.
What's in it for you
Purpose, challenges, and influence. At LifeWorks, we're using evergreen tech for good. It's about as value-driven as it gets, and we are passionate about what we do, ensuring what we build is welcoming, resilient and scalable. After all, our goal is to impact 1 billion lives. This is an opportunity to play a critical role in the architecture and coding of a next-generation platform. You will be supported by our domain experts in security, architecture, infrastructure, DevOps, Agile and UX, and be given opportunities to broaden into cognitive APIs or other innovation areas if you are interested. It's a chance to look at integration between applications, between cloud providers, and across services e.g. SaaS and hosted services. As we successfully pilot our new product and continue to scale as a company, so will your career with a direct path to technical or people leadership.
How you will make an impact:
- Collaborate on the design. You will be part of a team architecting the next-generation platform for our wellbeing products. You will work with the chief architect to set standards and influence the technical roadmap for EPPS and LifeWorks. You will develop frameworks or foundation-level code and communicate the target architecture design and roadmap to the team, prioritizing development tasks based on a deep understanding of the technologies involved and team objectives.
- Research and advise. You will contribute to our technology strategy with advanced research and prototyping cutting-edge technologies. You will provide technical inputs to the product management team to ensure successful product delivery and informed decision-making. You will document features and stories for projects aligned with the strategic roadmap.
- Coach and be coached. You will grow into the role of a technical lead through the support of the Chief Architect and the product team. In turn, you will mentor junior developers, conducting code reviews and ensuring the knowledge repository is kept up to date. You will promote and follow best practices to ensure clean design, architectural consistency and exemplary development practices.
What you bring:
- The passion. You are a lifelong learner and experimenter, inspired to stay current with industry trends and think deeply about how new technologies can deliver business value.
- The technical knowledge. You have With 4+ years of hands-on front and backend development experience, you have:
- An excellent understanding of computer engineering fundamentals, including OOP, design patterns, REST/web service design, coding best practices, SOLID principles, etc.
- Exposure to architectural concepts, including API design and management, event processing, microservices, dockerization.
- Open source development and community contribution through GitHub, networking, technical blogging, etc.
- The interpersonal skills. You can build trust to influence the team and the decision-makers. You are a great team player who thrives in a collaborative environment, working cross-functionally with Product, DevOps, infrastructure, and Executive leaders. You have effective and flexible communication skills and can comfortably explain complex problems and technical solutions to a range of audiences.
- The education. You may have a Bachelor's or advanced degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field, but we know not everyone gains their skills through traditional academic training.
As designers and providers of technology solutions delivering access to the four pillars of wellbeing to global communities, we are committed to nurturing a remote and onsite environment that welcomes, embraces and appreciates the diversity of the people who make up our teams and the people that use our products. We value equal opportunity and nurture an inclusive workplace where our individual differences are not only recognized but valued.
If you feel you have 70% of what we are looking for and share our mission to make the workplace and the world better through wellbeing solutions, express your interest. We promise to take the time to consider the full spectrum of what you offer.
Where permitted by law, LifeWorks employees must be fully immunized to access a LifeWorks office or customer premises.
Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process or those needing job postings in an alternative format may e-mail a request to email@example.com
Fulfilling work that matters
LifeWorks is in the business of helping organizations help their people, and in the process, we strive to elevate ours. We're always looking for talented professionals and strategic leaders looking to make a difference in the lives of the people we serve. We appreciate the interest of every applicant; however, we contact only those selected for an interview.
At LifeWorks, we are committed to putting our people first. Our priority is to optimize the health and productivity of our people. In light of COVID-19, our company continues to monitor the global situation and following local guidance in each of our communities to ensure the health and wellbeing of our employees. Safety is our highest priority, and while the goal is to ultimately return to the office, we are currently working remotely and are connecting with candidates through virtual interviews, recruitment events, and information sessions. We are excited to connect with you virtually, and look forward to receiving your application.