The Junior Component Engineer is responsible for maintaining approved components, usage, cost reduction and lifecycle management while being overseen by the Component Engineer. The Junior Component Engineer will provide support to the Component Engineer for component selection, qualification, and lifecycle management for both off-the-shelf and custom electronic and mechanical components. This is an entry level position that will work closely with the Hardware Development team and is a great stepping stone for anyone who wants to progress into Hardware Development.
Work location: Surrey
City: Surrey, BC
Schedule: Full time
Delta Controls is the benchmark for building controls manufacturers, being one of the most respected organizations in our industry, with more than 300 Partners/Distributors in over 80 countries. For more than three decades Delta Controls has offered innovative and exciting building automation solutions for commercial, healthcare, education, leisure buildings and more. As industry leaders, our track record includes delivering the world’s first fully integrated native BACnet building solution encompassing HVAC, lighting and access control products.
As part of Delta Electronics Inc., the global leader in switching power supply solutions and DC brushless fans and an $8+ billion USD organization, Delta Controls is able to bring some of the most energy efficient and sustainable solutions to buildings around the world, working together toward our shared vision of developing technologies aimed at reducing global warming and ensuring a sustainable future for mankind. Delta Electronics products are the most energy efficient power products in the industry and include a comprehensive range of energy management solutions in Industrial Automation, Telecom Power, UPS and Data Center Infrastructure, Automotive Electronics and Energy Storage Systems.
Why work for us?
We provide fantastic opportunities to individuals passionate about business and technology. Delta Electronics products are the most energy efficient power products in the industry and our company is perfect for those who want to create, design and build sustainable solutions using massively scalable, big-data architecture, with a strong focus on building automation. Here are some of the Delta perks you’ll receive from day 1!
- Employee & safety centric culture with the possibility of remote work
- Flexible hours and scheduling available
- Competitive total compensation along with generous vacation allowances
- Three weeks of vacation
- In-house & external training provided along with education support and opportunities for growth
- Company funded annual personal development budget
- Financial benefits & planning such as group RRSP & company match
- Employer paid premiums for extended healthcare and family-focused benefits (health, vision and dental)
- Travel insurance coverage and access to the Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Wellness - onsite fitness center & company reimbursement for personal gym memberships
- Internal Recognition & Service Awards
- Employee Referral bonuses
- Transit accessible with free onsite parking
- Regular company events such as "Food Truck Fridays", Lunch & Learn and other planned activities
Duties and Responsibilities
Assist the Component Engineer in:
- Maintaining the Component Manager database to ensure information for all components is complete, correct, and up-to-date.
- Reviewing parts selected for new product designs for availability (immediate and long-term) and cost effectiveness, as well as working with the Manufacturing Engineer to ensure compatibility with manufacturing processes.
- Minimizing the impact of part obsolescence and unavailability by proactively identifying, testing, and qualifying alternate components.
- Test fixture design and construction to support testing and investigations.
- Executing sustaining engineering projects to support obsolescence mitigation or cost reduction efforts.
- Assisting the manufacturing division with component yield and test issues.
- Investigating component quality issues, developing an impact mitigation strategy with Manufacturing, and following investigations with manufacturers/vendors through to a conclusion.
- Performing design verification and in-circuit testing for component substitutions.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- 4-year degree in electronics, or similar or 2-year technology diploma plus 1 year electronics experience
- 1 to 2 years of experience in electrical hardware troubleshooting (preferred)
To apply, go to our careers site at https://deltacontrols.com/careers/#general_applications. Complete or update your profile and submit your application online. Next, go to the applied jobs list to ensure your application has been fully processed. You are also welcome to add or manage job alerts within your candidate account.
We understand that it takes time to apply for a job and appreciate that you spend it showing your interest in working with our team at Delta Controls.