Helcim is searching for a Cybersecurity Analyst to be responsible for maintaining and improving upon our internal security posture. If you are passionate about information security, penetration testing, and enjoy using burp suite, then this is the ideal role for you!
As a member of the security team, you will be working on numerous ongoing and new projects that collaborate with Developer and Non-Developer stakeholders. This role will provide a unique opportunity to grow your cybersecurity skills. Helcim is a fast-paced, high-demand company and team members must work well under pressure. The ideal candidate will embody our values and culture, and be a steward of The Way of the Helcim (see link below to our culture book).
Responsibilities and Duties
- Work with our white hat partners and our vulnerability reporting program
- Lead cybersecurity training sessions
- Develop and implement solutions that will improve our overall system security
- Penetration testing our infrastructure and web applications
- Perform regular vulnerability scanning
- Assist with compliance requirements
Things you could be working on:
- Penetration testing our infrastructure and web apps during a cloud migration
- Evaluating GCP Security Command Center and similar products to protect our cloud infrastructure
- Setting up a SCA system to improve development security
- Establishing secure VPN tunnels between google cloud and on prem data centers
Qualifications and Skills
- Education might include a Bachelor's, technical degree, bootcamp or other certification in computer programming, software engineering, computer science.
- Have or are working towards one or more relevant certifications (CEH, OSCP, GPEN, Pentest+, etc.)
- Experience with Burp Suite or similar tools
- Understanding of basic networking protocols such as; IP, TCP/UDP, HTTP(S), etc
- Experience with Nessus or Nmap is an asset
- Strong problem-solving and trouble-shooting skills
Helcim is a payments company that gives small and medium sized businesses a better way to accept debit and credit cards. Thousands of merchants across Canada and the US choose Helcim for their payment needs because of our excellent customer service and innovative software solutions. We won the Canada’s Most Admired Award for Corporate Culture in 2021, ranked number 91 on the Globe and Mail’s 2019 list of Canada’s Top 400 Growing Companies, and we have big plans to redefine the payments industry. To accomplish this, we need a talented team of people who are passionate about working in fintech. Learn more about working at Helcim in our culture book The Way of the Helcim.
At Helcim we build teams of engaged, caring and intelligent people. In return we provide an environment where you’ll be excited to come to work each day and tackle challenges with your colleagues. You’ll also enjoy company provided snacks and team lunches to keep yourself fueled and the opportunity to recharge and connect with your team members at company social events.
We invest a lot of time and energy imagining and creating a company and culture that encourages discussion, the trade of ideas, and the execution of amazing products and services. We’re friendly and collaborative, working together to achieve big goals. If you want to join our team and feel you can contribute to the growth and success of our company - we want to hear from you!