Junior Engagement Specialist
Remote (Alberta, Canada) Edmonton, AB
The Junior Engagement Specialist reports directly to the Ministry Engagement Lead.
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Working with key Ministry partners, cross-functional teams, and stakeholders to encourage the exchange of information, ideas, or innovation, and to promote an atmosphere of shared effort to understand user needs that aligns to ministry business plans and commitments.
- Researching and developing frameworks to support the delivery of digital services by adopting agile, multi-functional team methodology.
- Engaging Ministry partners to deliver digital services to Albertans with a citizen-centric approach (e.g., Product Delivery Model, Agile delivery approaches, Human-Centered Design).
- Facilitating pre-discovery activities alongside Ministry partners to better understand and articulate the opportunities available to support ministries in service innovation.
- Guidance and coordination of opportunity proposals and prioritization.
- Supporting the unit to achieve branch goals and priorities.
- A university degree in a related field, such as commerce, arts, technology; no experience required. See below for equivalencies.
- Ability to apply the principles of user-centred analysis and its importance to user-centred design.
- Know-how to collaborate with professions that are focused on user-centred design (for example, user research, user experience, content, design, service analysis).
- Knowledge of and ability to apply project management knowledge and skills.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply principles of change management.