Helcim is searching for an Junior Full Stack Developer to be responsible for helping develop a wide variety of features including both frontend and backend components. We're looking for a talented individual with a passion for coding, enjoys learning about the latest technologies, strong problem-solving skills, and a user-focused approach.
As a member of our team, you will be working on numerous ongoing and new projects. Helcim is a fast-paced, high-demand company and team members must work well under pressure. The ideal candidate will embody our values and culture, and be a steward of The Way of the Helcim (see link below to our culture book).
- Building smart and efficient code that works well within a service-based system architecture.
- Developing new features and systems, as well as maintaining existing ones.
- Coordinating with other team members on larger projects, as well as making sure that all systems are communicating effectively.
- Ensuring that coding standards are always implemented across all code.
What You Might be Working on
- Creating a new payment processing method our merchants can use.
- Implementing new navigation features in our web app.
- Creating integrations for our next generation of card readers.
- Developing and supporting an image recognition service.
- Bachelor's or technical degree in computer programming, computer science or object-oriented software development.
- Experience with Object-Oriented-Programming languages, such as Golang, PHP, Java, or Python
- Experience with distributed version control systems, such as GIT.
- Experience with MySQL or other SQL database systems.
- Experience with Linux-based operating systems is an asset.
- Interest in leadership and managing the life cycle of products
- Experience working with commerce or ecommerce platforms
Our mission is to be the world’s most loved payments company. Everyday we’re inspired to give small businesses every possible edge to thrive and enrich the souls of our communities. That’s why thousands of merchants across Canada and the US choose to partner with Helcim. We’re one of Calgary’s fastest growing fintechs - ranking on the Globe and Mail’s 2019 list of Canada’s Top Growing Companies, and Deloitte’s 2020 Technology Fast 500.
Culture is hugely important to us - we’re friendly and collaborative, working together to achieve big goals. We focus on hiring determined and passionate individuals, surrounding you with other amazing people, and strive for everyone to help create an environment where you can thrive and make an impact. We invite you to explore our culture book at: https://www.helcim.com/theway/
At Helcim we build teams of engaged, caring and intelligent people. In return we provide an environment where you’ll be excited to come to work each day and tackle challenges with your colleagues. As part of our team you’ll receive amazing benefits including a competitive salary, paid health benefits, stock options and generous vacation time. You’ll also enjoy company provided snacks and team lunches to keep yourself fueled and the opportunity to recharge and connect with your team members at company social events.
We invest a lot of time and energy imagining and creating a company and culture that encourages discussion, the trade of ideas, and the execution of amazing products and services. We’re friendly and collaborative, working together to achieve big goals. If you want to join our team and feel you can contribute to the growth and success of our company - we want to hear from you!