Helcim is searching for a Junior Full Stack Developer to be responsible for helping develop back-end and front-end systems. We're looking for a talented individual with a passion for coding and strong problem-solving skills.
As a member of our development team, you will be working on numerous ongoing and new projects. Helcim is a fast-paced, high-demand company and team members must work well under pressure. This is a junior position; we train talented but less-experienced developers and help further their skill sets. The ideal candidate will embody our values and culture, and be a steward of The Way of the Helcim (see link below to our culture book).
- Work under the Development Manager, staying up-to-date on assigned projects in an Agile/Kanban workflow.
- Building smart and efficient code that works well within a service-based system architecture.
- Developing new features and systems, as well as maintaining existing ones.
- Coordinating with other team members on larger projects, as well as making sure that all systems are communicating effectively.
- Ensuring that coding standards are always implemented across all code.
- Working with the QA team on having all code changes tested before production release.
- Bachelor's or technical degree in computer programming, computer science or object-oriented software development.
- Experience with Object-Oriented-Programming languages, such as PHP, Java, C# or Python.
- Experience with distributed version control system, such as GIT.
- Experience with MySQL or other SQL database systems.
- Experience with Linux-based operating systems is an asset.
- Interest in leadership and managing the life cycle of products
- Experience working with commerce or ecommerce platforms
- Experience with Hybrid App development
Our mission is to be the world’s most loved payments company. Everyday we’re inspired to give small businesses every possible edge to thrive and enrich the souls of our communities. That’s why thousands of merchants across Canada and the US choose to partner with Helcim. We’re one of Calgary’s fastest growing fintechs - ranking on the Globe and Mail’s 2019 list of Canada’s Top Growing Companies, and Deloitte’s 2020 Technology Fast 500.
Culture is hugely important to us - we’re friendly and collaborative, working together to achieve big goals. We focus on hiring determined and passionate individuals, surrounding you with other amazing people, and strive for everyone to help create an environment where you can thrive and make an impact. We invite you to explore our culture book at: https://www.helcim.com/theway/
At Helcim we build teams of engaged, caring and intelligent people. In return we provide an environment where you’ll be excited to come to work each day and tackle challenges with your colleagues. As part of our team you’ll receive amazing benefits including a competitive salary, paid health benefits, stock options and generous vacation time. You’ll also enjoy company provided snacks and team lunches to keep yourself fueled and the opportunity to recharge and connect with your team members at company social events.
We invest a lot of time and energy imagining and creating a company and culture that encourages discussion, the trade of ideas, and the execution of amazing products and services. We’re friendly and collaborative, working together to achieve big goals. If you want to join our team and feel you can contribute to the growth and success of our company - we want to hear from you!
Join Our Team
If you would like to be considered for this position, please submit your Resume and Cover Letter through the "Apply for this Job" button at the link below.
Candidates must also be eligible to work in Canada. Helcim uses a hybrid work structure where team members can work 3 days in the Calgary office and 2 days at home. Staff are required to be fully vaccinated to work in our office and participate in company events.