Title: Junior UX Developer
Job number: 000542
Company: Delta Controls
Area: Graphic Designer , Professional Development Services
Description: Junior UX Developer working for PDS Team.
Start date: ASAP
Work location: This position is eligible to remote applicants (work from home or telecommute).
City: Surrey, BC
Schedule: Full time
Delta Controls is the benchmark for building controls manufacturers, being one of the most respected organizations in our industry, with more than 300 Partners/Distributors in over 80 countries. For more than three decades Delta Controls has offered innovative and exciting building automation solutions for commercial, healthcare, education, leisure buildings and more. As industry leaders, our track record includes delivering the world’s first fully integrated native BACnet building solution encompassing HVAC, lighting and access control products.
As part of Delta Electronics Inc., the global leader in switching power supply solutions and DC brushless fans and an $8+ billion USD organization, Delta Controls is able to bring some of the most energy efficient and sustainable solutions to buildings around the world, working together toward our shared vision of developing technologies aimed at reducing global warming and ensuring a sustainable future for mankind. Delta Electronics products are the most energy efficient power products in the industry and include a comprehensive range of energy management solutions in Industrial Automation, Telecom Power, UPS and Data Center Infrastructure, Automotive Electronics and Energy Storage Systems.
Why work for us!
- In-house training, education and opportunities for growth.
- Financial benefits such as RRSP matching and life insurance.
- Health and family-focused benefits such as extended health, vision and dental benefits with employer paid premiums, onsite fitness center, reimbursement for gym memberships, travel insurance coverage and an Employee Assistance Program.
- Our employees are recognized through Service Awards and Employee Referral bonuses.
- Our location is transit accessible and we have free on-site parking.
- Three weeks of vacation after three years of employment.
- Depending on the role, casual or business casual dress is the norm.
As a Junior UX Developer within our PDS team your primary task will be building the front end for customer user interfaces, including the graphical interface to the customers Delta Controls building automation system and to custom software applications created by PDS software developers.
Your UI/UX training has given you the tools to produce simple, elegant, innovative and easy to use interfaces from the design layouts provided, under the supervision of a Senior UX Developer or UX Development Team Lead.
The candidate is a solution focused individual who is comfortable working with both internal and external contacts. In your role, you will:
- Provide engineering services to meet the current demand from our customers. The candidate will initially focus on site BAS graphic production under the supervision of a Senior UX Developer or Team Lead.
- Provide UI support for other projects the Professional Development Services group has completed.
- Complete projects that meet the high quality standards and productivity that our customers have come to expect.
- Continually add to your understanding of UI/UX methods and technologies.
Main skills required:
- Degree or Technical Certification from an accredited Electronics Engineering, Computer Sciences, or Web Technologies program, or equivalent experience.
- Experience with one or more design tools (e.g., Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, InDesign or equivalent drawing/mapping programs).
- Strong communication skills including verbal, written and drawing / visual techniques.
- Ability to work independently, and quickly change focus between multiple projects.
- Self-driven and results oriented.
- Commitment to successfully complete the ASHRAE self-study HVAC course within the first year of this position.
Experience required: None
Years of relevant experience required: 1 year
Education required: Associates or technical diploma
Number of openings: 1
In addition to the competitive compensation package, we also offer a unique work environment that is designed for people who like to work hard and play hard too! Here are just a few examples:
- On-site gym and weight room with personal trainers
- RRSP matching
- Comprehensive extended group health and dental benefits
To apply, go to our careers site at https://careers.deltacontrols.com. Complete or update your profile and submit your application online. Next, go to the applied jobs list to ensure your application has been fully processed. You are also welcome to add or manage job alerts within your candidate account.
We understand that it takes time to apply for a job and appreciate that you spend it showing your interest in working with our team at Delta Controls.
If this position is eligible for remote work, candidates outside of our local area will be considered. If this position is not eligible for remote work then local candidates are preferred and no relocation will be offered for this position. For positions not eligible for remote work the candidate must be legally-entitled to work in the country where the job is offered, for any employer, without requiring sponsorship. While we will consider all applications, only those short-listed for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls, please. No outside agencies or recruiters, please.