Lead Artist - Live Ops
East Side GamesWe are remote!15 days ago
A NEW AND EXCITING OPPORTUNITY!
We are looking for committed and passionate artists to join our fabulous Live-Ops team and support our fun and successful narrative Idle mobile games! As a Lead Artist, you’ll work with the Art Director to manage the creation of our daily, weekly and monthly Live Operations content as well as new features for our amazing players to enjoy. You’ll manage and mentor our internal ESG’ers through a production Art pipeline in Unity, enabling content creation for our worldwide player base! This role is a unique blend of leadership, content creation and technical implementation for our growing Live Ops team! Please be aware that we are a remote-first studio, hiring across Canada, and do not provide an office space for employees.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
Manage, mentor and support the Art discipline and outsource studios, both locally and internationally
- Utilize Unity and our proprietary art tools, Spine and the Adobe Suite to design, build and animate optimized assets in varied styles in accordance with project specifications
- Optimize our pipeline tools in partnership with the Engineering team
- Work with the Producer and other discipline Leads to create tons of fun content and develop new game features for our existing narrative idle games based off of ESG’s own original IP’s, popular TV shows and counter culture personalities
- Research, analyze, and report on trends in the Mobile game industry so you can assist us in providing the best player experience possible
- With a focus on counter culture, humour and diversity, your contributions will help keep our games faithful to our fans and give them so much more to look forward to for years to come!
WHAT YOU WILL BRING:
- A deep understanding of Unity is essential! We’re looking for specific experience on working through the mobile game production pipeline such as: implementing monthly content, generating prefabs and working with art pipeline tools, using a Git client to ensure everything gets into the game for you to test. Bonus points for working with Spine!
- Production-level knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite (specifically Animate)
- Prior experience managing and mentoring a team of remote artists
- A minimum of 5 years experience in Game Development, or related industries. Mobile and F2P is a must. Idle and console game experience is a HUGE plus!
- A portfolio of polished work that showcases vector examples, 2D character design and animation, environmental art examples and concept work that best demonstrates your iterative approach to development
- Exceptional time management skills and an ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic studio
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both written and orally
TO COMPLEMENT OUR CURRENT TEAM, YOU ARE:
- A mobile game fanatic. You are on top of the latest games, trends and what’s happening in live events
- Comfortable in an environment where priorities and plans change rapidly
- Solution-oriented, self-motivated and have the attitude to get things done
- Hungry and humble, you place the needs of the project first
- Unafraid to bring ideas to the table
- Empathic, compassionate, and curious
- Your values are governed by diversity and inclusion
WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO WORK AT ESG?
We are East Side Games – proudly built in beautiful BC. Our mission is to create games that are easy to pick up, hard to put down, and don’t suck! We put players at the heart of our evolution, independence, and profitability. With their help, we’ve defined and become the leader in the narrative idle gaming space, writing the playbook on LiveOps in the process. Our huge IPs serve a traditionally underserved audience globally… And we’re just getting started!
Community is everything here, and that’s what makes us unique. We put people at the core of what we do. Our games and our team have the same goal; to be inclusive and for everyone. We get sh*t done and our team is on hand to step in, regardless of rank. Tackle your challenges, share your learnings, then share a drink with the studio in our weekly Cheers Friday Announcements. Have we piqued your curiosity? Then check out our amazing Culture and Benefits!
WE’RE BUILT ON THE FOUNDATIONS OF DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
East Side Games are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. We welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds to apply, and will utilize the strengths you bring to foster your growth and the studio’s growth.
If this sounds like everything you hoped for and more, and you’re enthused to build genre-defining narrative idle games, click the “Apply Here” button below. If now is not the right time for you but you know someone who would be a great match for us at East Side Games, check out our referral bonus here! Let’s build great games together.
We can’t wait to hear from you!