We are a human-centered digital health company that seeks to radically improve brain health outcomes by leveraging cutting-edge technology and machine learning to unlock precision brain health for as many people as possible. While we are steadfastly focused on individuals’ brain health, we believe that meaningful outcomes can only be achieved within an ecosystem of care that actively includes and engages physicians, professionals and caregivers. We are a team of 75+(and rapidly growing!) and are embarking on an exciting period of accelerated growth. We invite collaborative, self-driven and impact-oriented professionals to join our dynamic and fast-growing team.
Does this sound like an innovative & disruptive start-up where you could see yourself? Do the following values resonate with you?
Be A Team
Be Masters of Our Craft
Think Big and Act Bold
If so, please continue reading...
Please note that we are open to US and Canada based candidates at this moment, with a preference with this person being based in the Boston, San Diego or Toronto area. We are not considering candidates who are located outside of the US and Canada at the moment. Unfortunately, we are not able to provide sponsorship for any of our roles either.
We are looking for a Senior / Lead Data scientist who is willing to take on new challenges and work in a highly collaborative environment with clinicians, developers, and other data scientists. There is always something new to learn, and the team both supports and challenges each other so that the best solutions win. This role is core to the product vision and continued growth of Linus Health.
Please note that we are open to this person being based anywhere in Canada. We are not able to provide sponsorship at the moment.
What You’ll Do:
- Learn, apply, and innovate on machine learning algorithms from feature engineering to evaluation with a focus on deep learning
- Systematically investigate statistical and algorithmic approaches to make data driven decisions and achieve accuracy
- Address data challenges such as missing data, class imbalance, small data sizes, and inconsistent formatting
- Collaborate with clinicians, product managers, and software engineers to develop applied solutions and prioritize research
- Lead initiatives and mentor junior scientists
- Learn and evaluate new machine learning frameworks
- collaborate effectively and learn from other data scientists to align on best practices and leverage existing tools and knowledge
- Clearly document, track, and communicate results
- Participate with the team on publications and research to promote Linus Health as a thought leader in the domain of healthcare AI
- BS required & MS required (Computer Science, Math, Statistics, Data Science or similar)
- Experience applying deep learning techniques for image, video, and time-series analysis
- Deep knowledge of different deep learning network architectures and their tradeoffs including LSTM, GRU, CNN, RNN, different pooling methods, different activation functions, etc.
- Understanding of key deep learning techniques such as transfer learning, drop out, etc.
- Use of core statistical methods such as correlation analysis, hypothesis testing, evaluating distributions, etc.
- Familiarity with data imputation methods using deep learning such as generative adversarial networks
- Experience with programming in languages such as Python
Nice To Haves
- Experience with AWS SageMaker and related tools
- Expertise in software development
- Speech experience
- Experience in healthcare analytics, specifically within neurology
What We Offer:
- A mission-driven environment where all 75(and counting) employees strive to exemplify our core values every day
- Competitive compensation packages that include an annual discretionary target bonus incentive as well as valuable equity
- Unlimited PTO — We know this can work both ways, however our leadership team does an excellent job at encouraging people to take PTO
- A sincere and deep appreciation for the importance of mental health. We have recently implemented a “monthly flex day” where employees are encouraged to take time away from work to rest, recharge & reset.
- A peer-to-peer recognition program: Celebrating our employees hard work and success is in our DNA!
- Employee Referral Incentive program
- A robust healthcare package that includes medical, dental & vision benefits as well as a 401(K) program where Linus will match up to 6% of employee contributions.
Linus Health is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, disability or any characteristic protected by law. We believe that diversity is critical to the growth of our company and understand the importance of fostering an environment where everyone has a voice. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities during the recruiting process. If you are in need of assistance due to a disability, please contact us.