Who we are
At Shoplogix, we are on a mission to create something extraordinary: a world-class global IIoT (Industrial Internet of Things) software company that delivers real-time, 24/7 impact to manufacturers around the globe.
We empower our clients in 32 countries with information and insights to advance their operational excellence strategy. Our cloud-based performance management solution delivers real-time visual tracking and analysis of production, integrates powerful reporting capabilities, and accelerates continuous improvement.
Who we need
Shoplogix is an advanced IIoT software platform that increases efficiency, boosts productivity and improves performance in manufacturing. We offer an innovative web-based solution that transforms the way we see, analyze and interpret data to drive machine and process efficiency on the plant floor. Our cloud-based performance management solution delivers real-time visual tracking and analysis of production and automatically highlights the opportunity cost of downtime in a highly visual and intuitive reporting interface. Shoplogix integrates data visualization with powerful analytics to expose hidden losses, eliminate waste and accelerate continuous improvement and operational excellence.
The Shoplogix Analytics Suite product focuses on reading and interpreting datasets from both the customer and Shoplogix systems deployed to AWS services presented through a Business Intelligence (BI) tool.
We are looking for a Lead Database and ETL Programmer to spearhead the design and architecture of projects related to our Shoplogix Analytics Suite, collaborate with internal and external teams, and recommend areas to improve the current system.
What’s in it for you
Impact and influence. You want to be part of a collaborative Agile team designing, building, and deploying analytics solutions. You will work directly with a range of clients, expanding your exposure to data, business intelligence, and manufacturing solutions. You will own the process and have the benefit of seeing the project through from start to finish, design to deployment.
Career development. This is an opportunity to expand your understanding of best practices for deploying integrated systems in AWS through a BI tool. You will be part of an organization that promotes from within, with the chance to move up here or into another area of Constellation Software if that interests you.
How you will make an impact:
- Collaborate. You will work directly with customers (current and potential to gather information about the type of data they are looking to input into the analytics suite, gaining insights into the correlations and connectivity between the machines, shifts, and data. You will work with customer management to identify areas in our software that can increase effectiveness and productivity and collaborate with internal teams to design new features.
- Design and develop. You will architect the database framework and build and optimize data streams between customer systems and the Shoplogix platform. You will work on all aspects of the software development life cycle related to the Shoplogix Analytics Suite, responding to discovered needs of new and existing clients.
- Set exceptional standards through collaboration. You will hold yourself accountable to the team for reliable quality code, participate in peer code reviews and test automation, and perform regular quality assurance to ensure each release meets our high-quality standards.
- Research and analyze. You will actively participate in architecture discussions, presenting well-thought-out ideas and evidence for choosing a particular tool, process, or method.
You will bring:
- The technical expertise. You have a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience working in the Computer Science field. You have 5+ years of cloud experience using modern frameworks and providers such as AWS. You have expertise in database and data warehouse design and working with SQL and NoSQL database engines. You have an understanding of C#, and scripting languages like Python. Ideally, you are familiar with a Business Intelligence tool and ETL projects.
- The growth mindset. You have strong Computer Science fundamentals (object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem-solving). You have an ongoing interest in staying ahead of the curve for modern frameworks and approaches. You are a critical thinker who can creatively solve problems, and you continuously pursue knowledge. You are inspired by a fast-paced environment and can rise to the challenge of competing priorities.
- The collaborative approach. You can build trusting relations and efficiently work across in-person and remote teams. You are quick to adapt when priorities shift and take feedback well. You are comfortable with ambiguity and are willing to figure things out when no clear, defined path or process is outlined. You have exposure working directly with customers, ideally in the industrial sector, to gather requirements and gain insights.
Shoplogix is a division of Constellation Software, one of the largest and most successful software companies in Canada and the most successful technology stock in Canada over the last 10 years [TSE: CSU]. We are in a unique position with the long-term and full backing of Constellation Software, including access to their best practices and career opportunities. At the same time, we have a highly entrepreneurial and dynamic culture as a fully autonomous company.
This is the chance to get in on the ground floor as we lead the manufacturing industry's digital transformation on a global scale. With a focus on continuous innovation and making data accessible and actionable, we use the latest technologies to build IIoT solutions that solve everyday problems. We take great pride in our first-class team and inclusive, collaborative culture, fostering an open-door approach at all levels. With access to mentorship and best practices, our environment is one where everyone can share ideas, build knowledge, learn from each other, and contribute to their career and our success as a company.
And, when COVID-19 pandemic restrictions are lifted and gathering no longer poses a threat, we look forward to returning to some of the fun we have outside of work, including weekly indoor/outdoor soccer games, movie nights, mountain biking team races, indoor climbing gym near the office, frisbee golf, beach volleyball and golf tournaments for the whole office.
Diversity and inclusion are not mere words on paper to us. We welcome and appreciate candidates with a range of backgrounds and experiences. If you have 70% of the qualifications we are looking for, want to play an integral role transforming the manufacturing industry, apply to express your interest.