Lead Database Programmer
Who we are
At Shoplogix, we are on a mission to create something extraordinary: a world-class global IIoT (Industrial Internet of Things) software company that delivers real-time, 24/7 impact to manufacturers around the globe.
We empower our clients in 32 countries with information and insights to advance their operational excellence strategy. Our cloud-based performance management solution delivers real-time visual tracking and analysis of production, integrates powerful reporting capabilities, and accelerates continuous improvement.
Who we need
Shoplogix is continuously innovating to take our solutions to the next level to meet the growing and complex needs of our clients. Right now, we have an advanced analytics team designing and developing a big data database to house the manufacturing floor data we receive from our clients. The end goal is to build a Business Intelligence platform, leveraging the data to generate Machine Learning Algorithms and AI to elevate predictive analytics for better decision-making.
Reporting to the Manager of Software Development and working closely with the VP Product Strategy, we are looking for a Lead Database Programmer to play a lead role on our team and spearhead the architecture and build of our database and data storage for our BI platform.
At Shoplogix, we work using a Kanban and Agile development methodology to manage shifting priorities and ensure the delivery of high-quality software. We’re looking for a highly motivated collaborator and thought leader who takes pride in creating the best possible solutions.
What’s in it for you
Influence. You will bring and apply your expertise in the design, development, and optimization of big data databases to contribute to the choice of technology, strategic planning, and execution of this brand new initiative. You will be a senior member of a collaborative and agile team responding to the needs of manufacturing clients with the technology to optimize their business and grow their revenue. You will see your ideas come together and go-live as you contribute to solving real-world problems.
Stability and collaboration. We are a scaling and financially stable organization, excited about the possibilities AI and ML offers. We have the data, we have the technology, and with you, we will have the people.
Career development. You have a keen enthusiasm for growing your knowledge and skills in the areas of Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence. You want to be part of a team that is working towards leveraging these advanced tools and technologies to answer complex big data questions. You will be part of an organization that promotes from within, with the chance to move up to a Technical or People Leader here or in another area of Constellation Software if that interests you.
How you will make an impact:
You will architect the big data database framework and build the foundation for our BI platform. You will:
- Design and create. You will develop Mappings, Workflows, and processes in the Big Data Cloud environment. You will create test plans and scripts, conduct unit and integration testing, maintain the test results and fine-tune ETL processes. You will develop appropriate scripts and functions, procedures and packages, auditing, logging and monitoring rules. You will create and maintain Materialized View scripts to aggregate data.
- Transform big data into usable information for our manufacturing clients. You will design, develop, implement, and coordinate efficient and effective architectural frameworks, guidelines, policies and procedures that enable fast and efficient use and flow of big data. You will develop enterprise data model and views of related sub architectures (e.g., data integration, reporting, metadata, etc.) You will work diligently to.
- Contribute to our collaborative environment. You will actively participate in architecture discussions, presenting well-thought-out ideas and evidence for choosing a particular tool, process, or method. You will hold yourself accountable to the team for reliable quality code, participate in peer code reviews and test automation, and perform regular quality assurance to ensure each release meets our high-quality standards.
You will bring:
- The technical expertise. You have in-depth skills in architecting or optimizing big data type databases housed in products such as: Snowflake, Redshift, Google BigQuery or other, and developing and implementing frameworks, processes, and workflows. You bring experience performing big data and master data management and data modelling. You have experience programming complex solutions, using ETL tools and building ETL processes, programming and scripting with C#, SQL and Python.
- The growth mindset. You have strong Computer Science fundamentals (object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem-solving). You are a critical thinker who can creatively solve problems, and you continuously pursue knowledge. You are comfortable with ambiguity and are willing to figure things out when no clear, defined path or process is outlined.
- The collaborative approach. You can build trusting relations and efficiently work across in-person and remote teams. You are quick to adapt when priorities shift and take feedback well. You thrive working across inter-disciplinary groups, including other architects, technology stakeholders, and management, to build great products. You can simplify complex technical concepts into easy-to-understand non-technical language in order to facilitate, communicate and interact with high level nontechnical audiences. You thrive in a fast-paced Agile environment.
Shoplogix is a division of Constellation Software, one of the largest and most successful software companies in Canada and the most successful technology stock in Canada over the last 10 years [TSE: CSU]. We are in a unique position with the long-term and full backing of Constellation Software, including access to their best practices and career opportunities. At the same time, we have a highly entrepreneurial and dynamic culture as a fully autonomous company.
This is the chance to get in on the ground floor as we lead the manufacturing industry's digital transformation on a global scale. With a focus on continuous innovation and making data accessible and actionable, we use the latest technologies to build IIoT solutions that solve everyday problems.
We take great pride in our first-class team and inclusive, collaborative culture, fostering an open-door approach at all levels. With access to mentorship and best practices, our environment is one where everyone can share ideas, build knowledge, learn from each other and contribute to their career and our success as a company.
And, we have outside of work, including a billiards tournament, weekly indoor/outdoor soccer games, movie nights, mountain biking team races, indoor climbing gym near the office, frisbee golf, beach volleyball and golf tournaments for the whole office.
Diversity and inclusion are not mere words on paper to us. We welcome and appreciate candidates with a range of backgrounds and experiences. If you have 70% of the qualifications we are looking for, and want to play an integral role changing an industry, apply to express your interest.
Shoplogix welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.