Lead DevOps Engineer
ArchitechToronto, Remote7 days ago
Architech is a Toronto-based software company with over 15 years of experience in creating technology solutions for clients across North America. We leverage the latest cloud technology and hire top talent to modernize applications so that businesses can succeed in today’s digital world.
Our Dream Team is based in Vancouver, Toronto, and Krakow, Poland. The team consists of over 100 certified technical experts in our Product, Design, Engineering, and Delivery disciplines. Our values drive our culture of success: Think Big, Be Open & Collaborate, Never Fail a Client, Grow Our People, Do the Right Thing, and Embrace Change.
It’s all about the environment
Satisfy your curiosity and desire to learn. You’ll work very closely with a diverse tight-knit group of creative people who are passionate about technology and software. Not only will you work in a collaborative and nurturing environment, you’ll also grow your existing skills while keeping up with current and upcoming IT industry trends.
We grow when you grow
We encourage and support continuous learning by ensuring everyone stays active in the tech community. To help you with this, we offer tools and programs such as Learning Budget, Certification Bonuses, Internal Bootcamps, Summit Days, Lunch & Learns and much more. And this is just the beginning. Check out all our other great benefits.
Welcome to Architech.
- People management responsibilities for a small team of DevOps Engineers.
- Primarily responsible for interviewing, onboarding, mentoring and all people management responsibilities, ensuring the team is properly supported, happy, and achieving delivery excellence.
- Provide thought leadership and DevOps best practices to bring development and IT operations processes, people and tools closer together - in order to increase the speed, security, efficiency and quality with which we deliver technical solutions to our clients.
- Audit and make recommendations and improvements on current environments as needed – including all operational aspects of a client environment from application, infrastructure, network, security and so on.
- Create technical governance for technology operations for managed client environments and solely drive regular cadence with Client Partners, Customer Success Managers, and CTO.
- Provide solution expertise during pre & post-sales and effectively articulate the technology operations value for clients’ environments.
- Provide DevOps toolset for automation and deployment to Architech client projects:
- Build, release and manage configurations of production systems.
- Implement DevOps principles such as continuous integration, automation, and deployment with complex applications & solutions.
- Deploy, automate, manage and monitor cloud-based systems to ensure high availability, performance, scalability and security.
- Troubleshoot issues across various platforms, networks and application domains
- Analyze and resolve application issues using logs, database queries, monitoring tools, server configurations, etc.
- Perform system recovery processes and tooling as needed.
- Collaborate with different teams to meet project objectives.
- Be available outside normal business hours for your team and clients to support managed operations.
- Degree in computer science or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5 + years DevOps Engineering experience including managing a team of Support and DevOps Engineers.
- Microsoft Certified Azure Solutions Architect, Microsoft Certified Azure DevOps Professional or CNCF Certified CKA preferred.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with technologies such as Terraform, CloudFormation, ARM Templates, Github Actions, Azure DevOps, Jenkins, Helm and Bash/Python.
- Experience building CI/CD pipelines, automating infrastructures and entire delivery pipelines, along with experience & expertise in deployments.
- Possess significant experience executing and managing automated software deployments.
- Excellent understanding of software development methodologies/standards, complex application domains, building strategies and processes.
- Extensive knowledge on cloud, and experience building and running Azure/AWS infrastructure.
- Extensive experience with a variety of DevOps tools including build/automation, configuration management and container orchestration.
- Extensive and excellent client-facing skills.
- Astute and passionate about engineering digital solutions that solves real business problems.
- Should be willing to learn and absorb the rapid changes in the software engineering industry.
- Should be willing to approach all projects with ruthless focus on the end-user and customer.
- Must be a team player, and this will be demonstrated through setting team members up for success.