About the Role:
In this role as a Lead Gen, Program Manager you are part of the PPL team and responsible for the daily operations of the program and coordinating continuous improvements. Our PPL team qualifies inbound inquiries from purchasers searching for SaaS solutions across our portfolio of publications, and connects them with appropriate vendors. You'll report to the Director of Revenue Operations. You coordinate everything related to the lead program, from the point a lead comes in, to the point it reaches the right vendor. You'll be the glue between our product managers working on improving our platforms and forms, our qualification agents calling and matching leads, and the GTM team getting vendors interested to sell leads and ensuring that we monetize as much inventory as possible by expanding their filters.
Who you are:
You are an exceptionally good people motivator and operations manager (think KPIs, BPMN, process documentation, etc). You have experience as a program or operations manager, ideally in the B2B SaaS industry, and understand how to run call-center operations to enable our agents to perform to the best of their abilities. Whether you come from managing an in-house BDR sales team or have a call center operations background, you know that numbers matter and base your decisions on data. You experiment continuously and are great at project management to coordinate initiatives. The ideal candidate possesses a unique blend of talents that allow them to effectively communicating on a technical level with product management counter-parts while scaling and improving lead qualification operations.
How your success will be measured:
Your main success indicators are the growth rate and efficiency improvements of the Pay Per Lead program, ultimately mirrored in the overall revenue of the program and satisfaction of our vendor customers. To track this we use a number of metrics like the average processing time, average time to lead, disqualification rates, revenue per lead, time per qualified lead and more. It's a very data-driven role that is clear and concise on the priorities with little ambiguity.
What you'll be doing (responsibilities):
- Take full accountability for the Pay Per Lead program, ensuring a seamless flow from lead generation to vendor matching.
- You manage the daily lead pipeline and coordinate with qualification agents to ensure every lead gets touched as soon as possible.
- EstablishStandard Operation Procedures for the lead qualification process (think Service Level Agreements for lead contact times, lead report standards, call scripts, lead distribution/assignment, revenue monitoring, performance evaluations, etc)
- Developing and implementing strategies to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of our lead generation program from decreasing form abandonment rates to increasing the average revenue per lead.
- Identifying and resolving bottlenecks within the lead generation and qualification process.
- Ensuring the achievement of key performance indicators such as hitting expansive revenue targets, lead qualification rates, and vendor satisfaction scores.
- Supporting partnerships team to expand the reach of our network of sites driving leads
- Coordinating with the Sales team to ensure we have vendor coverage in a broad variety of enterprise SaaS products to be able to meet the needs our clients
Your skillset includes:
- Minimum of 3 years proven experience in digital program management, inside sales leadership or support team leadership, preferably within a B2B SaaS environment.
- Familiarity with call operations either from a call center, in-house sales (BDR/SDR), or support team, focusing on operational efficiency.
- Experience leading a front-line team in a customer service function
- Ability to analyze data, derive insights, and implement data-driven decisions
- Exceptional ability to develop and implement strategies aimed at improving both process and product
- Strong interdisciplinary communication skills
Nice to haves:
- Previous experience at a B2B SaaS lead generation vendor.
- Previous experience in a B2B lead generation management role (in-house or agency)
- Digital product experience in the B2B space
- Familiarity with relevant tools and platforms used in lead management (CRMs, MAPs, etc), specifically Zoho CRM experience
- Certifications in Program Management/Product Management or related fields
$90,000 - $130,000 a year
This full-time position is available as either a remote, hybrid or onsite position (depending on location), with an annual salary in the range of $90,000 to $130,000 CAD. The range is a guide for the expected skills, knowledge and experience for new hires based in Canada only. Seniority level and salary ranges are determined through interviews and a review of education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities of the applicant, equity with other team members, and alignment with market data. This means ranges will vary for candidates based outside of Canada and/or at different seniority levels. In addition to annual salary, full time employees are eligible for a discretionary bonus and a comprehensive benefits package.
Black and White Zebra is a rapidly growing, independent media tech company headquartered in Vancouver, B.C. Canada. Since 2012, our portfolio of influential digital publications has been helping millions of people succeed at work.
Our brands cover project management, product management, people management, customer experience, quality assurance and others, with the goal of connecting people with the knowledge, skills and tools they need to succeed professionally.
We got our start in 2011 as The Digital Project Manager blog, founded by our CEO Ben Aston. Since then, we’ve grown into an international team of 50+ creators, strategists, and innovators with a portfolio of more than 12 online publications. We enjoy an impact-driven environment that combines the agility of a startup with the creativity of an agency and the diversity of a global company.
We’ve recently ranked #30 in The Globe and Mail’s Fastest Growing Companylist and received a CMI award for Best Digital Publication for The Digital Project Manager—and we’re listed in both Canada's Top Small & Medium Employers, and Best Employers in BC.
All of this growth is driven by our commitment to our mission: In a world of evolving skills, practices, and technology, we’re creating a playbook for the future of work and empowering communities to create it with us.
Diversity Equity and Inclusion:
Black and White Zebra is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran’s status (including protected veterans, as may be required by federal law), sexual orientation or any other category protected by law. We celebrate all backgrounds and attributes that continue to help make our team impactful, iterative, adaptable, and fun!