About the Role
As a Lead Product Manager for Developer Tooling, you will own the product strategy and roadmap for developer tooling for our customers & partners to build custom data pipelines. You will also have ownership of the events & files connectors. It's an incredible opportunity for a self starter to bring their vision, execution, and collaboration skills to drive forward a developer ecosystem, building on the Fivetran platform.
What You’ll Do
- Build and manage the custom connectors product strategy and roadmap; set quarterly goals and track deliverables and results.
- Perform in-depth customer research and data analysis to identify opportunities for your product area.
- Learn how developers write, test, deploy, monitor, and share connectors, decide what features they need and prioritize the highest impact work.
- Manage a portfolio of connectors and contribute to strategic decisions on growing and improving that portfolio, including optimizing revenue.
- Collaborate with product analytics, product marketing, developer relations, and solution architecture teams to ensure the success of your product portfolio.
- Work directly with multiple engineering teams and a product design team to ensure Fivetran is delivering the highest quality product possible.
- Your guiding metrics will be the number of developers building custom connectors and the volume of data flowing through custom, event & file connectors.
Skills We're Looking For
- Typically, 5+ years of experience managing products geared toward technical users (ie developer tools, SDKs, IDEs, CLI, etc)
- Proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful product throughout its lifecycle, especially from 0-1
- Strong technical/analytical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development or data engineering
- Proven track record of shipping products that deliver measurable results
- Experience using data, analytical, and user research abilities to help solve problems and make decisions
- Proven ability to develop deep customer empathy and articulate customer problems
- Ability to effectively collaborate with a talented team of engineers and designers
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills with the ability to influence partners
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Management, Analytics, or related field
- Hands-on experience working with cloud functions (AWS Lambda/Azure Functions/GCP Cloud Functions)
- History of working in a high-growth company
- Prior experience as a software engineer or data engineer
- Prior experience with data integration tools
Perks and Benefits
- 100% employer-paid medical insurance
- Generous paid time-off policy (PTO), plus paid sick time, inclusive parental leave policy, holidays, and volunteer days off
- RSU stock grants
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Company virtual happy hours, free food, and fun team building activities
- Monthly cell phone stipend