Lead Software Engineer, Full Stack
JobviteRemote - Canada or US17 days ago
Jobvite offers a marketing-inspired approach to recruiting by combining the power of data and the human touch. We enable recruitment teams to personalize the candidate experience with a full-scale talent platform that accelerates and simplifies the entire talent acquisition process — from the moment the search begins to the celebration of the first promotion and beyond. We make it possible to automate communication through bot-powered texts and anticipate the employee journey with internal mobility and referral tools driven by human insight and assisted by AI. With a comprehensive, talent acquisition-focused suite Jobvite has been serving customers, including Dollar Shave Club, Dunkin Brands, Trek, LinkedIn, CDW, Universal Music Group, Wayfair, Audible & Feeding America, since 2006.
What You Will Do:
As a Lead engineer you will be entrusted with complete design and development of web-based SaaS products that delight our customers and scale out to millions of users. Your responsibilities will include scoping and leading technical initiatives that span across the organization and are not limited to a single team. The Lead Software Engineer must be comfortable owning the planning, architecture, development, and delivery of a SaaS based product. You will help promote the best engineering practices in a fast-paced agile environment. You will work closely with product owners, and other stakeholders to understand the business needs and translate them to technical decisions. You will be a role model for technical and architectural excellence, as well as coach and mentor engineers at all levels.
What You’ll Bring:
- BS, MS in Computer Science (or equivalent) in a relatable field.
- 8+ years of professional experience in building and designing scalable SaaS based web applications.
- 3+ years of experience as a technical leader responsible for designing and building highly scalable full-stack systems in the cloud environments, preferably AWS.
- Strong coding skills (Java, Spring, AngularJS, React, etc.) and an understanding of distributed system design.
- Experience with Relational databases such as MySQL and PostgreSQL, as well as NoSQL databases such as MongoDB/DynamoDB.
- Experience with open-source technologies such as Apache, Elastic Search, Memcached, etc.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced agile and collaborative environment involving cross-function stakeholders.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills and the ability to explain complex problems to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience in SaaS applications for HR related domains (Recruiting, Payroll, Benefits, etc.)
- URLs to share with us showing open-source contributions, websites you’ve worked on, questions you’ve answered on Stack Overflow, or additional work that shows off your expertise.
**This position is eligible for permanently remote employees based in Ontario, B.C., and Alberta**
Jobvite is an Equal Opportunity employer.
Candidates must have permanent work authorization in Canada or the US for this position.