Job Type: Contract, 18 months
Job Location: Toronto, Ontario - Provincial Head Office
Close Date: November 25, 2022
Salary: $91,086.65 - $105,594.36
Legal Aid Ontario employees are committed to making a difference in the lives of our clients.
As an integral partner in the Justice system, working at Legal Aid Ontario is more than just a job. It's an opportunity to help people who need it the most; to ensure each client receives the access to justice afforded to them under the law.
If you are looking for a new challenge in your already meaningful career with a team dedicated to justice, and innovation in a flexible and supportive work environment consider this opportunity below.
We are looking for a talented M365 Platform Architect to support the organisation by bringing your expertise to the software development lifecycle within the M365 environment, creating high-level design artefacts and helping the organisation get the most out of its M365 suite of applications.
The M365 Platform Architect will work closely with other team members, take part in weekly/daily meetings to discuss planned activities, document risks, flag issues, and report progress across all development efforts. You will provide guidance to your colleagues in order to optimize M365 technology development and overall system performance. In this role, you will help to create a road map for the M365 platform that will help support organisational transition to a using the full suite of Microsoft products and help in the execution of this plan over the coming years.
Home Location: Provincial Office - Toronto
Other Locations: N/A
Reporting to: Manager, Digital Strategy and IT Transformation
LAO is in the process of developing an organization-wide hybrid workplace model, taking into consideration the range of services and roles performed throughout the organization. During this development phase, the work of this role is hybrid and structured to provide greater remote work, but some in-person presence will be required.
- Provide technical guidance to Power Platform and M365 developers
- You will provide expertise to project teams from a technology standpoint
- You will assist with requirements design, development and implementation phases for M365 technologies
- You will lead the work to create and keep current a roadmap for M365 suite of products
- Work closely with business departments to identify their M365 needs
- Bring your expertise to multi-disciplinary project teams
- Provide technical assistance, system maintenance, monitoring and troubleshooting to supported products
- Support the development of documentation
- Stay up to date on the latest Microsoft product releases through a combination of research and training
What you bring to the team
- You possess proven technical expertise and are not afraid to communicate new ideas to technical and non-technical staff
- You possess exceptional analytical thinking needed for problem resolution of a technical nature
- You are proactive, take initiative and thrive in a collaborative and empowered work environment
- You have a strategic understanding of technology and how it evolves over time
- You are committed to sustaining the culture of equality, diversity, and inclusion where teams are supported to achieve the best results for everyone to advance and thrive
Required Skills & Experience
- University Degree in Computer Sciences or related field
- You have 7+ years of experience in a Technology role working with the Microsoft stack (M365 / D365 / SharePoint / Power Platform)
- You have 3+ years of proven hands-on experience in Power Apps, Power Automate, Dataverse, SharePoint, Power BI and other M365 products
- Strong hands-on experience in developing Power Apps, data connections to M365, Dataverse and automation using Power Automate
- Microsoft certification related to Power Platform (e.g. PL-900, PL-100) are a plus
- Basic understanding of Azure Development is a plus
- Supporting the creation of documentation
- Keen attention to detail
- Critical and analytical thinking skills
- Strong communication skills
This position is collectively represented by OPSEU and the successful incumbent will be governed by the provisions of a collective agreement and subject to union dues once negotiated.
To apply submit a cover letter & resume.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
Please note that all applicants are encouraged to provide a valid email address for communication purposes. Applicants may receive written correspondence regarding this job posting directly to the email address provided on their resume or to the one used to set up their Candidate Profile if applying on Njoyn. As an applicant, it is your responsibility to ensure that you check your email regularly.
Legal Aid Ontario values integrity, respect, responsiveness, excellence, independence, accountability, openness and consistency. Our recruitment process reflects our commitment to diversity and inclusion. Accommodations are available upon request.
Legal Aid Ontario encourages applicants from equity seeking groups, including but not limited to individuals who are First Nations, Inuit or Métis descent, persons with disabilities, women, members of racialized communities and the 2SLGBTQ+ community. We recognize the value of diversity, equity and inclusion and are committed to addressing systemic barriers and attracting and retaining diverse staff. All interested and eligible people will be considered, with due consideration to all protected grounds under the Ontario Human Rights Code.