Manager, Account Management
Ready to grow?
At PatSnap when we talk about growth, we don’t just mean your career trajectory. Growth to us means creating opportunities for employees to be challenged, take ownership over initiatives, spread entrepreneurial wings and feel safe to try new things. We are passionate about creating a culture where your progression is a unique experience, with you in driver's seat.
As the leading global innovation intelligence platform, we help customers identify technological opportunities that could affect the future growth and survival of their business by connecting and analyzing information from a variety of global data points. We call this connected innovation intelligence. Not familiar with that term? Don’t worry, we’ll teach you all about it or you can learn more here.
We’re scaling quickly and looking for a Manager, Account Management who is a fearless change agent, eager to be at the forefront of innovation and not afraid to take the path less traveled. Sound like you? Then take a look at the responsibilities and requirements below, this might just be your #dreamjob.
Due to COVID-19 Guidelines, this role is 100% remote/work from home until we can safely return to the office.
Customer Success lies at the heart of PatSnap’s customer retention and growth strategy. The Team Manager role is a high impact leadership position responsible for building and developing a team of Account Managers / Customer Success Managers who are focused on creating strong partnerships with our customers helping them recognize the goals they have and maximize the value they receive from using our platform and services. In addition to leading a team, the Team Manager will actively be evolving the customer journey of our customers. Their team is focused on developing a deep knowledge of their customers’ business and create customised success plans to help them meet their objectives through an industry leading customer journey. The Team Manager is ultimately the owner of their team’s success and retention of customers from initial sale through to contract renewal and customer growth.
What you'll be doing
- You will coach and develop a team of Account Managers
- Mentor the team to understand what effectiveness looks like in their role and how best to manage their time without losing sight of your own responsibilities
- You will be working closely with our CS Enablement and Revenue Operations team to ensure our team and customers have the best experience possible
- Assist in negotiating contracts and help closing agreements to maximize ACV retention and growth
- Clearly communicate the progress of monthly/quarterly initiatives to internal and external stakeholders
- Create and foster an amazing work environment with your team
- Collaborate with sales team to identify and grow opportunities within territory
- Assist the Head of Account Management, North America with hiring cadence
- Run effective team meetings and 1:1’s with your direct reports that drive the right performance and behaviours throughout the team
- Exemplary communication skills, able to argue a case professionally and thoughtfully in writing or verbally
- This role would be suitable for someone that has shown strong performance in an Account Management / Customer Success leadership role for the past 3 to 5 years
- You are passionate about customer success
- You believe that creating an amazing experience for your team will support your team’s success managing customers
- You can identify and execute on improvements that can be made to the business, individual or team performance.
- You have experience using account planning frameworks to prioritize key tasks and activities within your book of business, with a focus on value-based outcomes
- You are a people motivator and strong communicator
- Be able to manage a team of 6 to 10 people (AMs/CSMs and Team Leaders), providing day-to-day guidance on task’s and the motivation to do so, without compromising on quality or losing sight of your own goals and responsibilities
- Track record of performance against a renewal-based target
- Consistently provides constructive feedback to your team members, that coaches to higher performance rather than demands it.
- RRSP Contribution Matching
- Healthcare for you & your dependents
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Social Committee
- Annual Summer & Holiday party
- Office located in WeWork
PatSnap are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment where all employees and applicants can flourish.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.