Summary of Duties
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Applications and Development, the manager oversees a team responsible for the administration of software platforms which support City of London Service Areas and Business Units in a highly performant and secure computing environment. The manager will oversee the development of applications and integrations to increase efficiency and effectiveness, while improving client experiences associated with custom applications and third-party applications used by the corporation. The primary focus of the Applications Development III Work Area is to provide Information Technology (IT) services in support of the customer relationship management and the IT service management platforms. The manager leads the coaching, training, and guidance on project management templates, processes, and best practices for the Information Technology Services (ITS) Division.
- Three-year Community College Business Information Systems Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Sciences or in a related field plus five years of application experience is required.
- Five to seven years related management experience in an information technology environment or equivalent combination of education and related professional and lived community experience.
- Information and Technology and Project Management focused certifications are an asset; examples include but not limited to: Project Management Professional, Microsoft Certifications (Fundamentals, Associate, Expert)
- Familiarity with Microsoft Dynamics 365, ESRI ArcGIS, Microsoft ALM, software development technologies, Agile, Kanban and Lean process management skills would be an advantage.
Specialized Training & Licenses
Skills and abilities in the following areas are necessary:
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the above identified areas of accountability with an understanding of the Unit’s programs and services.
- Demonstrated success leading or supervising employees, contracted services, and consultants.
- Proven commitment to the safety of employees with knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and applicable regulations as it relates to the position.
- Ability to understand the importance of service delivery; develop and implement initiatives that support the Unit’s customers in a timely and effective way.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal and customer services skills, including conflict resolution and problem solving; demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with diverse populations within the community; experience working collaboratively with organizations, clients, and other stake holders.
- Strong verbal, written, interpersonal, communication, facilitation, and presentation skills; demonstrated political acumen.
- Ability to work varied hours to meet requirements of the
Compensation and Other Information
$96,723 to $126,632
This is a permanent, full-time position.
How to Apply
For a complete job description and to apply on-line, please visit the City of London website at https://bit.ly/3qzUmr4
Please note following the interview stage, proof of education as well as a criminal record check will be required prior to moving to the next stage in the selection process.
Closing Date for Applications: Wednesday, October 5, 2022
We appreciate all applications, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
As an inclusive employer, we are committed to providing a fully accessible recruitment process. Please contact us at any time during the recruitment process and let us know what accessible supports you may need.