WESTMAN COMMUNICATIONS GROUP (Westman) is seeking applications from energetic, highly motivated individuals to become part of our growing team!
Westman is an industry-leading communications provider based in Brandon MB, with significant capital expenditures and growth in new communities. Westman offers residential and commercial High-Speed Internet, Digital TV, and Phone services in communities across Manitoba. Westman also owns and operates radio stations Q Country 91.5 FM and 94.7 STAR FM, which broadcast throughout southwestern Manitoba. Established in 1977, as a locally owned and operated cooperative, Westman is dedicated to delivering competitive and innovative services, providing an exceptional member experience, and supporting the communities we serve. Westman empowers their employees to be innovative, team-oriented, community-based, and customer-focused, championing a culture centered around strong values.
Based in Brandon and reporting to the Chief Technology Officer, the Manager, Customer Support is responsible for leading and managing the operation and direction of the Westman Communications Group’s Network Operations Centre (NOC), Technical Assistance Centre (TAC) and Customer Technical Support areas. This includes all aspects of commercial and residential customer support, the operationalization of products and services, support documentation for internal and external customers, incident/change and solution management.
Management and Administration
- Perform/exceed established Residential Customer Key Performance Indicators (KPI) developed corporately for Technical Support Representative (TSR) groups.
- Periodically review KPI’s for Customer Support and the IP Network; recommend adjustments as needed to provide members with superior experiences throughout engagement cycle (installation, relational, and repair).
- Maintain customer-service standards over all technical areas.
- Assist with supporting customer facing elements impacted by network, capacity and change management.
- Conduct industry benchmarking, assess new trends, and evaluate impacts on Westman Communications Group (WCG) Customer Supports practices and standards.
- Prime development of new installation/repair procedures and associated support tools.
- Provide leadership, support and guidance to the NOC, TAC, and TSR teams.
- Manage all departmental projects, tasks, and timelines to ensure timely deployments and upgrades.
- Identify and understand team members’ strengths, weaknesses, and motivations; monitor and coach team members to ensure their professional growth and development.
- Monitor and refine business processes, workflows, and digital assets to optimize the team’s effectiveness and time management.
- Organize and conduct departmental meetings and periodic reports on the progress of all team members.
- Foster a cohesive team by developing a foundation of trust.
- Ensure teams follow the corporate performance management process and staff have objectives that support WCG’s goals.
- Promote feedback from team members to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Ensure that employees provide the best customer experience possible.
- Analyze department structures and complement as required and make recommendations with supporting documentation.
- Facilitate training for team members and assist in the development of training plans as required.
- Draft budgets based on department’s goals and objectives in collaboration with the Chief Technology Officer
- Monitor and report on each department’s budget status including variance analysis and projections.
- Approve purchase orders and authorization on all invoices related to each department’s budget.
- Ensure that all change management and notification processes are followed.
- Escalate issues as required when failures or degradations occur.
- Create and follow procedures for all planned and scheduled work including the creation of outage tickets.
- Monitor planned outages to ensure they are within predefined maintenance windows.
Education and Experience
- Completion of a Degree, Certificate/Diploma in Business, Information Systems Management, or a related field or equivalent experience.
- 5 years’ experience in leading and managing in a call center environment is considered an asset.
- Strong background in maintaining state of the art digital and data environments is preferred.
- Advanced training or self development in associated requisite skills.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Proven supervisory and leadership skills; strong professionalism in all aspects of work.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, and interpersonal skills to effectively communicate network and business metrics to all levels of audiences.
- Establishes and communicates clear expectations, deliverables, and deadlines.
- Demonstrated planning, engineering, project management, and vendor management skills.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to analyze qualitative and quantitative data.
- Ability to recognize, interpret, and analyze error reports and data.
- Proven ability to multitask and prioritize multiple, concurrent priorities.
- Advanced expertise networking skills and understanding of network structure, design, and troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of video, audio, analog, digital, addressable, and data.
- Proficient in Office 365: Word, Excel, and SharePoint and Visio.
- Professional attitude and integrity with high and unquestioned ethical standards.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: This position is open until filled.
Westman is a successful, fast-paced and dynamic organization, with a positive, team-oriented work environment. We offer competitive compensation including a comprehensive and unique benefits package. Leverage your knowledge with a local technology leader.
Apply today to join our team at https://westmancom.com/careers and begin your exciting career journey with us!
As an equal-opportunity employer, we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. While we thank each applicant for their interest, only selected candidates will be contacted.