Manager, Data Governance
Altus GroupToronto, ON4 days ago
Who we are
Altus Group is a leading provider of software, data solutions and technology-enabled expert services to the global commercial real estate (CRE) industry. We are a single provider of end-to-end CRE solutions empowering clients to make informed decisions and drive strategic growth.
Headquartered in Canada, we have approximately 2,250 employees around the world, with operations in North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific. We are at the center of what drives the real estate industry and continue to break ground every day with innovative solutions and best practices that touch every aspect of the real estate life cycle.
The next stage in PropTech solutions: Unlocking the value of data and predictive analytics
Altus Group is embarking on the next evolution of data, software and technology leading cloud products and services. As pioneers in the Proptech and real estate analytics spaces, we are growing our offerings to enable our global clients to unlock the value of data and leverage predictive analytics for better decision-making.
This journey represents an expansion of our data and analytical solutions to other Altus business units, including ARGUS Software, the industry standard for valuation and asset management software. We’re adding world class talent to our technical team; people who are interested in building the data infrastructure that will support the wide variety of global opportunities aligned to our client’s needs. As we take our new and existing cloud products to the next level, this initiative is one that our leadership believes is critical to accelerating the continued and future success of Altus Group and our clients.
Building on established market leading software and incorporating new technologies, we are creating an unrivalled platform to serve the real estate investment industry. As part of the new initiative, we are looking for a Manager, Data Governance. You will own and drive the design and adoption of data governance best practices across the organization.
Who you are
A data governance expert with project management expertise, gained through executing a data governance framework at a large SaaS, data management, consulting, insurance, or financial organization, you are looking for a challenging and rewarding role at a growing global software company. You have a thorough understanding of, and experience leading strategy and policy development in the fields of data/information management and data governance. You have a continuing interest in the evolving fields of privacy, information security and data/information risk as it relates to enterprise cloud products. Your ability to build relationships across an organization, to think analytically, and to understand the complex details of big data technologies and cloud products are exceptional.
What’s in it for you?
- A blank slate. You are looking for an opportunity to influence the product roadmap and shape our new functionalities, aligning industry needs with business objectives. You will have an opportunity to make a significant impact in the global CRE market contributing critical work to a benchmark project that is accelerating our position as a proptech leader. You will be working with prominent global corporations and financial institutions, and our own teams to develop a detailed current and future research-based direction for the work we want to do to digitally transform the CRE market.
- Unparalleled exposure and impact. You want to step into a high profile role with executive-level exposure at a rapidly scaling global industry leader. You will have the unique opportunity to partner with the Product team and Legal Counsel. You will have the freedom to lead the deliverables from the ground up, from planning to launch. This is a chance to make your mark and genuinely accomplish something exciting as we focus on building a new platform and products that will define and drive our data and SaaS strategy.
- Growth and career development. Altus fosters a culture of professional development and promotion from within. With retention rates double the tech industry average and dozens of promotions within and across teams, this is a place to truly expand your skills and grow your exposure. As we move from building to scaling, you will have a chance to increase your exposure and make an impact working on increasingly complex or large-scale initiatives.
Our new Manager, Data Governance will:
- Lead the implementation of a global data governance program for the organization. Drawing on your knowledge, best practices, and industry standards, you will:
- Document and analyze the current-state of data governance.
- Create and rollout a data governance strategy, including international compliance requirements, policies, standards, and processes, as related to data management, automation, modelling, pipeline management, transformation of data, data quality, access control, data literacy, communication, change management.
- Align data governance practices to enterprise technology standards and policies.
- Develop and rollout global data governance policies and standards
- Define KPIs/success metrics of data governance delivery.
- Implement processes to measure and promote adoption rate.
- Build trusted relationships. You will work across the organization, collaborating with Legal, Product, Development, Data Science, Operations, Marketing, and Sales to ensure that data governance requirements are clearly defined, captured and communicated. You will ensure clear accountability for planning and executing on data governance priorities.
Our new Manager, Data Governance will have:
- The ideal combination of knowledge and experience. You have a university degree and hands-on expertise in data compliance and governance in a large SaaS, consulting, data management, insurance or financial organization. You have experience designing, documenting, and implementing data governance policies and standards that adhere to compliance requirements in Canada and the US. You can easily come up to speed on other international corporate and institutional data compliance laws. You are highly analytical with the ability to break down complex issues to solvable pieces.
- The interpersonal skills. You have exceptional communication skills and can confidently lead productive collaboration meetings and present to diverse stakeholders remotely.
- The technical skills. You have an in-depth understanding of big data technologies (particular focus on enterprise cloud products) and can comfortably work with data architects and data engineers.
Come realize your potential at Altus Group!
Altus Group is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment where employees feel valued and respected, and where every employee has the opportunity to realize their potential. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations, if required, and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please contact us at email@example.com or 416-641-9500.
Need any more reasons to join Altus?
In 2005, we started with 400 employees and have grown exponentially to over 2,250 around the globe today. Altus Group employees don’t see boundaries, they see opportunity. They deliver results for our clients and our company and are recognized and rewarded for the value they create. This is an opportunity to work on multiple projects that encompass many industries, geographic reach, and high profile design.
At Altus, we want you to realize your potential. We value collaboration and knowledge sharing of best practices. We support professional growth and we actively seek out ideas. This is the place to present the newest research, to introduce the coolest tech, and see it come to fruition and be applied. Your work will make a difference.
Altus Group isn’t just about the amazing work we do. We work hard to create a dynamic company culture that reflects the values of our employees and what motivates them individually and as a team:
Altus Cares - We are always seeking ways to give back to our communities, and support causes important to our employees. We are actively involved in local charity work and we believe in laying the groundwork for a more prosperous future. Our personal highlight is our involvement with Ronald McDonald house in four different countries where we volunteer every September as a company.
Education - We believe our employees represent the best this industry has to offer and we want to reflect their commitment to education and continued learning.
At Altus Group, we are proud to say that many of our teams are comprised of members who have been here five years or longer. We think that speaks volumes about our atmosphere and our people.
Opportunity awaits - come realize your potential at Altus Group!