If you’re passionate about improving the healthcare system, you bring an innovative and creative spirit to complex tasks, and you “thrive” in a fast-paced, agile environment, you’ve come to the right place.
Join a team that’s delivering best-in-class software to help people thrive through their healthcare journeys. On a typical work day at Thrive Health, you’ll be lending your skills cross-functionally across multiple teams, supporting on our many active & exciting projects, and expanding your knowledge on the intricacies of our healthcare system.
The best part? You’ll be doing all of this alongside a growing team of smart & exceptionally friendly people who want to help you succeed. We offer a highly competitive and desirable benefits package, with perks such as:
- Generous vacation allotments and flexible working hours
- Extended health and wellness spending accounts
- Continuing education & professional development coverage
- Hybrid working model - combining in-office and remote work
We are looking for a talented Manager, Information Privacy & Security (CISO) who is passionate about developing a mature, sophisticated security and privacy organization. Your mandate will be to create an organizational culture where our security and privacy controls are lived day to day by employees, embraced and understood internally and well articulated to our customers.
- Oversee Thrive’s compliance management activities including authoring, revising and approving controls.
- Managing and oversee operational activities within Thrive’s information security management system.
- Serve as reviewer and approver for various security processes within the organization.
- Retain overall accountability for compliance with legislative and contractual security and privacy requirements.
- Manage Thrive’s certifications, seeking out industry standards and ensuring we remain compliant with existing certifications. This includes SOC2, ISO, GDPR and HIPPA.
- Work with customers on privacy and security vendor assessments and overall contracting process.
- Develop and administer internal training programs and champion security by design principles within Thrive’s software development organization.
Skills & Qualifications
- Experience building and leading a privacy / security compliance organization.
- 7+ years of relevant experience.
- Ability to obtain Secret Security Clearance in Canada.
- Knowledge of privacy & security legislation and industry standard certifications.
Nice to Have
- Experience working in the healthcare industry and HealthTech sector.
- Experience working in a SaaS (software as a service) environment.
- Experience negotiating large B2B enterprise contracts.
We are committed to supporting an environment free from systemic or direct racism or discrimination for all employees, and for applicants throughout the interview process. Thrive Health does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender expression, religion, sexual orientation, or marital status.
Thrive Health was founded in 2016 with a mission to make healthcare work better for everyone. We provide a software platform to digitally enable care: empowering individuals and families to play a more active role in their care journeys, supporting providers in delivering excellent care, and enabling healthcare systems to become more efficient.