Ministry of Citizens’ Services
We offer flexible work arrangements, including the opportunity to volunteer to telework (with conditions) as set out in applicable employer policies. The locations listed above are to assist applicants in searching for this opportunity. This position may be performed in other approved locations within the province of BC.
For specific information about a location, applicants should contact the hiring manager.
Manager, Security Operations
$77,700.20 - $110,000.05 annually
The Ministry of Citizens’ Services’ (CITZ) Information Management Branch (IMB) fulfils the ministry’s business needs with technology solutions and ensures ministry IM/IT investments support the strategic objectives of government. The Information Privacy and Security unit promotes corporate accountability for the protection of information and information systems and oversees the design, delivery, and continuous improvement of the ministry’s Information Privacy and Security Program, ensuring accountable privacy management and strong cybersecurity practices are in place.
The Manger, Security Operations manages the ministry’s information security program, ensuring appropriate security controls are in place to protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of government information throughout its lifecycle, and to protect, detect, and respond to cybersecurity threats.
If you enjoy building strong partnerships, delivering modern, human-centred products, and working in an agile, flexible environment, we invite you to join our team.
Qualifications for this role include:
- A university degree in information management or information technology, or related field, or an equivalent combination of education, experience and training may be considered.
- At least one (1) years' recent experience leading teams, projects, and/or staff members.
- At least three (3) years’ of combined experience must include one or more of the following:
- Identifying and assessing IT risks, current threats, and security incident response and management.
- Developing enterprise security frameworks
- Interpreting security standards and regulations against business requirements
For more information, and to apply online by December 11, 2022, please go to: https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/92741