Manager, Software Security Officer
Altus GroupToronto, ON19 days ago
Who we are
Altus Group is a leading provider of software, data solutions and technology-enabled expert services to the global commercial real estate (CRE) industry. We are a single provider of end-to-end CRE solutions empowering clients to make informed decisions and drive strategic growth.
Headquartered in Canada, we have approximately 2,250 employees around the world, with operations in North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific. We are at the center of what drives the real estate industry and continue to break ground every day with innovative solutions and best practices that touch every aspect of the real estate life cycle.
Reporting to the Senior Director, Information Security, we are adding a Manager, Software Security Officer to lead the team and oversee all aspects of Software Security planning and implementation. You will be a crucial player at the decision-making level, championing best practices, introducing strategy, and ensuring security is implemented at every stage of the SDLC. You will lead the global Information Security team's collaborative efforts, working in partnership with Software Architects, the Development team, and the Product team. With a direct line to senior leadership, including our Chief Software Development Officer, this is a highly visible role that will impact the organization as we continue to grow and scale.
Who you are
You may be a Software Security Architect looking for an opportunity to move into a leadership role or you may be a Senior Security Engineer, an Information Security Manager, or a Director, Software Security. You have extensive experience designing and leading a software security strategy across multiple products, working alongside architects, product, and developers. You are looking for an opportunity with global exposure where you can influence software security, building out the practice, and growing a team.
What's in it for you?
Knowledge sharing and leading technology. Information Security is our top priority. We are actively pursuing modern technologies, tools, and approaches. You will play a critical role in leading the Software security side of our dedicated Information Security team to solve complex software security design and implementation problems. This collaborative team fosters a learning and knowledge-sharing environment enthusiastically pursues best practices, and continuously evolves our tech stack and our approach to security.
Career development. This is an opportunity to lead the work defining and driving our Software Security strategy as we aggressively expand our cloud platform to extend our market-leading position. You will contribute vital security information, guidelines, and best practices as we continue to build great products. Joining now is a chance to grow the influence of the team and work with best-in-class global peers. As we continue to scale, so will your career opportunities with us.
Our new Manager, Software Security Officer will:
- Be a trusted advisor and consultant. You will provide Information security requirements, advice, and counsel to development and operations teams, ensuring alignment with organizational information security standards. You will advise on security controls applicable to software development methodologies and DevOps automation.
- Manage security due diligence. You will ensure that security risks are identified, and controls are implemented to mitigate risk at every stage of the SDLC.
- Champion. You will be an advocate for Information Security solutions, standards, and best practices. You will promote a "secure by design" approach throughout the software development and operations practice.
- Maintain compliance. You will identify, evaluate and document information security risks and ensure appropriate, accurate, and supported risk acceptance and resolutions are implemented. You will manage external auditors' assessments (e.g., SOC-2) and maintain on-going compliance monitoring activities.
- Report on key information security metrics. You will consolidate and interpret centralized analyses and reporting for a variety of stakeholders.
- Increase awareness. You will promote knowledge sharing and centralized training and awareness to promote Information Security within development teams.
- Lead the team. You will manage all aspects of recruitment, performance management, learning, and career development opportunities for direct reports, coaching, and mentoring individuals to nurture engagement.
Our new Manager, Software Security Officer will have:
- A commitment to leading through influence and collaboration. You have a devotion to evaluating and appropriately applying emerging and alternative technologies, frameworks, and methodologies. You thrive in a leadership role where you can inspire and advise teams and peers across inter-disciplinary groups. You are comfortable managing and collaborating with a remote, globally distributed team, and you have an appreciation for diverse opinions and approaches.
- The experience. You have extensive Software Security as part of Development or DevOps at a FinTech, a financial institution, or a large technology company, including exposure to policies, standards, and operating procedures in large organizations relating to information security. Ideally, you have a track record of improving the security posture of complex SaaS products.
- The expertise. You have In-depth knowledge of application security, information security risk, industry best practices, and proven success using security metrics and risk management to guide development and DevOps. You have hands-on experience in implementing security in rapid software development methodologies and DevOps automation. Ideally, you have security certification such as CISM, CISA, or GIAC.
Come realize your potential at Altus Group!
Altus Group is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment where employees feel valued and respected, and where every employee has the opportunity to realize their potential. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations, if required, and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 416-641-9500.
Need any more reasons to join Altus?
In 2005, we started with 400 employees and have grown exponentially to over 2,250 around the globe today. Altus Group employees don’t see boundaries, they see opportunity. They deliver results for our clients and our company and are recognized and rewarded for the value they create. This is an opportunity to work on multiple projects that encompass many industries, geographic reach, and high profile design.
At Altus, we want you to realize your potential. We value collaboration and knowledge sharing of best practices. We support professional growth and we actively seek out ideas. This is the place to present the newest research, to introduce the coolest tech, and see it come to fruition and be applied. Your work will make a difference.
Altus Group isn’t just about the amazing work we do. We work hard to create a dynamic company culture that reflects the values of our employees and what motivates them individually and as a team:
Altus Cares - We are always seeking ways to give back to our communities, and support causes important to our employees. We are actively involved in local charity work and we believe in laying the groundwork for a more prosperous future. Our personal highlight is our involvement with Ronald McDonald house in four different countries where we volunteer every September as a company.
Education - We believe our employees represent the best this industry has to offer and we want to reflect their commitment to education and continued learning.
At Altus Group, we are proud to say that many of our teams are comprised of members who have been here five years or longer. We think that speaks volumes about our atmosphere and our people.
Opportunity awaits - come realize your potential at Altus Group!