Marketing Director - North America
Practice IgnitionToronto, ON21 days ago
The Marketing Director, North America is a relatively new role in the global marketing team with the goal of accelerating Practice Ignition’s expansion in the United States and Canada. Reporting directly into the Head of AMER (and indirectly into the Head of Marketing), you will be responsible for devising and implementing the North America marketing strategy to drive brand awareness, customer acquisition and customer engagement. A core part of this work will be building and executing a digital top of funnel strategy, which will form part of the company’s global TOF Center of Excellence, influencing all the company’s region’s digital marketing.
This role will balance both strategic focus with tactical activation. The ideal candidate will have experience partnering closely with Sales, Customer Success, Account Management and central Marketing functions like demand gen, product, partner and customer marketing, design and marketing operations to build integrated regional plans and execute thoughtful, tailored marketing programs. You should be comfortable working with our data and analytics team to develop marketing and ROI analyses for campaigns and channels, defining the region’s CAC and LTV, while leading optimization and A/B testing programs. We are just at the beginning of our journey defining a number of these areas so you must be comfortable with ambiguity and have experience helping to build and scale SaaS Marketing team previously. You will be accountable for financial results that are achieved collaboratively across teams. Finally, the candidate must be comfortable working with global teams located in Australia and the UK, and operating in multiple time zones.
This role will be based in our Toronto office.
Within the remit of our North American regional activities.
- Develop a deep understanding of our accountant sales channels, competitive landscape, our accountant customers, their needs and our offerings to create strategies for driving conversion throughout the customer journey.
- Define, measure and report the performance of all paid marketing channels/campaigns and assess against ROI and KPI goals including subscriber acquisition and retention.
- Strategy: Partner with Sales and Marketing teams to design, implement and measure winning short and long term go-to-market strategies to achieve new sales and expansion targets.
- Program Execution: manage and monitor execution of all channel marketing programs, working closely with marketing and sales to optimize sales.
- Manage regional marketing budget, optimising for efficient growth while meeting goals.
- Be a strong advocate for sales team experience, and equip the team with the knowledge and tools to sell effectively.
- Connect with sales leaders to understand and communicate the weekly/quarterly/annual results.
- Manage customer segmentation strategy and create strategic attribution modelling, ensuring we reach the right audience with the right message, at the right place and time.
- Manage an existing team of 1, while evaluating new ways to increase resourcing efficiency and grow the team.
- Pivotal contributor to our one-year financial planning process.
- Working and managing teams across multiple time zones
- BA/BS or equivalent experience required, MBA preferred
- 6+ years of North American B2B marketing experience, with accounting channel, financial services or SaaS products preferred
- Deep understanding of B2B customer mindset and marketing touch-points across full funnel
- Well versed in B2B GTM, including thought leadership strategies and developing impactful demand generation and lead nurture campaigns
- Digital and Brand experience critical. A strong track record driving performance and experience improvements through digital channels.
- Customer-centric mindset - Listens to customers, champions their success and makes decisions that benefit the customer.
- Ability to identify big insights by synthesizing inputs from multiple data sources to unlock growth opportunities and develop business strategies and lead excellent execution.
- Influences across teams to get things done, consistently communicates and influences across all stakeholders to achieve results and build strong relationships.
- Ability to prioritize and make strategic choices, specifically narrowing from a range of opportunities to highest-impact near-term levers.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with clear examples of using data actively for target setting, measurement, ROI analysis and recommendations.
- Excellent verbal, written, visual/presentation and interpersonal communication skills across all levels of the organization.
- Strong results orientation and decision making skills.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and experience in a start-up or scale-up environment highly desirable
Who you are
- You have a high attention to detail
- You don’t shy away from feedback and you take it on board
- You have terrific communication skills – both written and verbal
- You’re systems and process driven
- You are a builder
- You’re happy to be flexible when things don’t go to plan
- You’re an organiser at heart
- You feel most comfortable working to deadlines
- You thrive off working in a team
We are better everyday
We work without ego
We are smarter together
We hero our customer
- We engage in robust and articulate dialogue while maintaining an open mind
- We are effectively work autonomously, but also with a strong team ethic. We may reward individual effort, but we most certainly play as a team in everything we do
- We have the ability to focus yet still have a laugh in high-pressure situations
- We are comfortable working with globally distributed teams who bring together complementary skill sets
- We are proactive learners, and encourage the continuous development of our skill-sets
- We are passionate about delivering services to our customers and able to champion their needs
- We are able to think creatively and develop solutions for our customers
Key Internal relationships:
Head of Region, Head of Marketing, Customer experience team, Regional and Central Marketing Managers
Send an email with your resume, portfolio, website or anything else you're proud of. We’ll be in touch to tell you more about the role and we can work out if there's a fit.
Practice Ignition is an equal opportunity employer and conducts its employment practices based on business needs and in a manner that treats employees and applicants on the basis of merit and experience. If you require assistance in your application please contact email@example.com.