Too often, oil and gas field operations teams are tasked to do the impossible: maximize production, keep costs low and ensure impeccable compliance all while the data and communication coming at them can be overwhelming. We provide a software platform that synthesizes data, provides guidance on top priorities, efficient schedules and routes so operations teams can decide how to best contribute to company performance each day.
With EZ Ops, operations teams can generate the cleanest most profitable hydrocarbons in the world. Today, we deliver value to over 20% of Canada's oil and gas businesses.
We are looking for a Marketing Specialist to support our sales, customer success and marketing team in building winning relationships and a partner-of-choice brand as a software company.
Our EZ Ops Group of Companies have a bold vision and a culture of innovation and accountability. Everyone on the team is invited to think and act like a company owner, with a voice on how to solve problems, support to develop your skills, and stock options to prove we’re in this together. We also offer a generous vacation and flex day package as we strongly feel people need time away to rest and take care of themselves.
Title: Marketing Specialist
Reports to: Chief Innovation Officer
Location: Remote (Edmonton, AB is head office)
The main focus of your role as a Marketing Specialist is to ensure that the sales and customer success teams have the tools they need to build trust and revenue with customers. Some weeks will be helping with slide decks, sales one pagers and responses to a request for proposal, another week may be focused on supporting our rapid-growth internal team with education on our product suite.
As part of a product-lead company dedicated to continuous discovery on customer needs - you’ll work closely with our Chief Innovation Officer who ensures our products best meet market demand and that our marketing aligns, as well as with Marketing who stewards our consistent message and brand, Sales who leads the effort to attract new logos and Customer Success who builds the value we deliver with our users everyday.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Working with your cross-functional team, actively seek to understand the EZ Ops and PAYLOAD products - the problems we solve/value we deliver to different personas.
- Understand the sales path for our products - buyer steps & marketing tools needed.
- Following established brand standards and staying consistent with other marketing tools - develop new sales tools eg. slides, one pagers and email campaigns.
- Develop social and blog content as needed to support product marketing and thought leadership.
- Publish content to the website, social media or to internal Slack channels as needed with eagle eye attention to quality.
- Support proposal development and pitches by working closely with Sales or Customer Success to prep drafts and seek feedback to refine to final.
- Support internal team education on products / user needs.
- Conduct research as required.
- Monitor competitor marketing and key industry trends for marketing opportunities.
- 1-3 years experience in the following marketing arenas:
- Slide creation (with design support)
- Sales collateral development eg product overview sheets (with design support)
- Blog or social content copywriting and editorial planning
- Email campaign writing
- Assessing the impact of marketing initiatives relative to sales goals
- Familiarity with persona-driven content marketing
- Track record of collaborating with cross-functional team members with openness to feedback to create great marketing tools
- Experience supporting a sales, customer success or marketing team
- Excellent attention to detail
- Nice to have: experience marketing in the oil and gas industry
- Google Suite
- Microsoft 365
- Google Analytics
HOW TO APPLY
We believe that diverse perspectives produce and promote innovation and business success. We welcome exceptional people with an entrepreneurial spirit to join our innovative, fast-paced, rapidly growing company. Our corporate diversity encompasses differences in ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, age, sexual orientation, religion, socio-economic status, physical and mental ability and education.
WANT TO JOIN US? SEND A COVER LETTER AND YOUR RESUME TO APPLY@EZOPS.CA by September 30, 2022.