CoolIT Systems, Inc.Calgary, AB17 days ago
CoolIT Systems, Inc. is looking for a high performing Mechanical Engineer with a minimum of 1 years’ experience in a similar role to join our Calgary team.
The primary responsibility of this role is to work with the Engineering, Program, and Project management teams to develop and design custom products for our ODM customers using Solidworks, other analysis tools, and Engineering practices to solve problems along the way.
This is an excellent opportunity for an individual who is passionate about problem solving, takes ownership over their work, is a team plater, feels intrigued by the prospect of contributing to the future of scalable computer cooling solutions, and is keen on playing a significant role in product development for next generation data center cooling products.
Job Type: Full-time, permanent.
Job Location: Calgary, AB.
Required education: Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
Required experience: Minimum of 1 years’ background in a similar role.
Reports to: Mechanical Engineering Manager.
Travel Requirements: 5% once restrictions are lifted
As part of our team at COOLIT, we offer the following benefits:
· 3 Weeks’ Vacation
· Participation in the Benefits program including: Health & Dental, Flex Spending Account, Flex time, all other corporate benefit programs that are, or become, available.
· Review and understand Product & Project Requirements at project kick-off.
· Follow all documented processes to ensure ISO-9001 compliance standards are met.
· CAD duties: authoring and reviewing 2D drawings and 3D models, sometimes in a supervisory role.
· Prepare early design concepts and contribute to product architecture.
· Develop and review plans to manufacture, test, and verify the operation of new components, systems, and overall products.
· Thoroughly document all aspects of a design.
· Enter design specification data into our Solidworks PDM and Arena PLM databases.
· Understand and conduct system level design for pumping & cooling systems.
· Conduct or support CFD, Structural FEA, and thermal models.
· Conduct and participate in lab testing and verification, sometimes in a supervisory role.
· Collaborate with the Validation & Verification Engineering team to ensure that Regulatory and Environmental compliance standards are met.
· Engage in and lead meetings and presentations with customers.
· Verify and implement the correct use of design and drafting standards.
· Support the submission of ECN and ECR documentation.
· Support the upkeep of Solidworks templates and tools.
· Perform other duties as necessary to support the team.
· Strong desire to work in a fast-paced technology company focused on increasing speed-to-market & production efficiency and reducing finished product cost.
· Strong focus on product quality.
· Knowledge of design for manufacturability and assembly (DFM/DFA) concepts.
· Experience with thermal analysis and CFD; proficiency is an asset.
· Experience with structural FEA; proficiency is an asset.
· Experience with Design Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (dFMEA); proficiency is an asset.
· Proficient in CAD tools, specifically Solidworks.
· Knowledge & understanding of material science and structural design.
· Experience with static and dynamic analysis & testing (i.e. shock & vibration, thermal testing, pressure testing).
· High attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to confront clients in meetings and respond well to questions.
· Excellent organizational skills.
· Ability to prioritize workloads and utilize planning & time management skills to adhere to strict deadlines.
· Strong critical thinking - using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
· Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
· Experience and training with Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing would be an asset.
· Experience using Solidworks PDM would be an asset.
· Experience using Arena PLM would be an asset.
· Base knowledge of cooling strategies used in the data center industry is an asset.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested in this position? We would be pleased to review both your cover letter briefly telling us why you would be a great fit for this position and organization, and your resume detailing your related experience and education.
We thank every candidate in advance, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We kindly advise that we will not be recruiting or taking calls/emails from Talent, Recruitment, Staffing, Placement firms.
Job Type: Permanent