Position Type: Full-time
Company Name: Moment Energy
Contact Name: James Evans
Job Location: In-person at 1585 Broadway St, Port Coquitlam
Who we are, and why you should care
Want to save the world? So do we.
That’s why we started Moment, a cleantech startup that’s helping to build a sustainable economy through energy storage systems made from repurposed electric vehicle batteries. We keep people’s lights on, and their batteries from ending up in landfills.
As an impact-driven organization, Moment's goal is to provide a reliable and environmentally friendly energy storage solution for our customers. We’re the only Canadian company working with Nissan North America and other world renowned automakers to repurpose their EV batteries. We're a proud Canadian-owned and operated company founded by four tech entrepreneurs, with a mission to provide worldwide access to clean, reliable and affordable power.
You will be joining a team that was named the Top Impact Startup in Canada as the Grand Prize Winners of the 2021 National Spring Impact Investor Challenge and a Top 3 Startup in BC in the 2021 New Ventures BC Competition. You will be a foundational member of our community making pivotal decisions to create the next billion dollar company with Gigawatt-hours worth of positive impact. We’re a fast-paced, VC-funded company backed by major Canadian and US Venture Capital and Climate Funds including Version One Ventures and Fika Ventures.
We love the outdoors and make “fun” a core part of our company culture. Health and wellness are incorporated into our daily schedule and we encourage all our team members to bring new ideas to the table to create an interactive workplace.
We strongly encourage women, indigenous, minorities, and LBGTQ+ to apply!
You’ll love this role if you...
- Are passionate about the environment and are excited to build sustainable solutions for the cleantech industry!
- Are a self-starter, active learner, and want to make a positive impact on the world.
What you’ll be building and learning
We are looking for a key member of our production team. You'll be working on building and testing the electrical side of our second life Energy Storage products.
- Build electro-mechanical sub-assemblies to integrate into the final product
- Insert rivets, nuts, and other fasteners into mechanical components
- Follow assembly instructions and be able to interpret mechanical drawings
- Operate power hand tools such as drills, impact drivers, angle grinders, etc..
- Perform quality inspections, part assessments, and process improvements in the manufacturing pipeline
- Log and maintain inventory of production-related components
- Support other teams such as Electrical, Supply Chain, Logistics, as needed
What’s in it for you?
- Company events & socials
- Parent-friendly schedule
- Founder led fitness classes
- Outdoor activities
- EV Charging
- Free flights around Vancouver with the founders
COVID-19 Considerations: All employees are required to wear a mask and adhere to social distancing practices in our facility.